CBD for Acne
What is Acne?
Acne refers to a chronic skin condition affects mainly on the face, neck, shoulders, upper arms, chest and back. Usually, it appears during puberty and causes pimples and spots. Let’s dive deep into the information on CBD for Acne.
1. Different Types of Acne
- Blackheads: These tend to be black and normally seen on the skin surface.
- Pustules: The base of these tends to be red color and has pus on top. And are clearly visible on the skin surface.
- Whiteheads: This form of acne is small in size and occurs under the skin.
- Cysts: These consist of pus and tend to be painful. These are evident on the skin surface and can be the reason behind scars.
- Papules: These are normally small in size and appear as pink bumps in the skin surface.
- Nodules: This kind of acne is solid, large as well as painful pimples deeply fixed in the skin.
2. Symptoms and Causes
Symptoms differ according to the type. Have a look into it.
- Open plugged pores for blackheads.
- For pustules, the symptom may be a pimple having pus at the top.
- Closed plugged pores for whiteheads.
- The symptom of cysts is a pus-filled painful lump.
- For papules, the symptom is pink bumps of small size.
- And for nodules, it will be painful lumps which are solid and large.
The key factors which cause acne are:
- Producing an excess amount of oil
- Hormonal factors
- Certain kinds of cosmetics
3. Treatment for Acne
Treatment options for acne depending on the severity of your condition. There are lots of medications which can be your supporting factor in treating acne. But selecting the appropriate one for you among them can be a tough task.
Doctors mainly a dermatologist or skin specialist can help you out in this as they are well-versed with most of the medications for acne. Though there are several medications, still many people step back from moving towards it by thinking that it may cause side effects. Are you one of them?
If yes, then approach for a natural remedy. Keeping this in mind, here we’re pointing out one medication which is natural- CBD (cannabidiol). We don’t know whether it will cure acne like the prescribed medications, but it may prove valuable.
4. Why CBD for Acne
- It has anti-inflammatory properties which may be useful for treating acne. It may provide a calming and relaxing effect on the surface of the skin.
- It may moderate the sebaceous glands which can cause acne. Furthermore, CBD may not only cure the symptoms, but it may also cure the root cause behind acne.
- Acne can be annoying as well as troublesome which can also affect negatively on the self-confidence of an individual. It may bring back the self-confidence of the acne sufferers.
- CBD may prove as a promising alternative option for treating acne. But to provide a clear idea on it, researches are still researching more on it.
5. Final Words
Don’t expect that CBD for Acne can be a complete cure for acne. It may lend a helping hand to treat acne effectively.
In addition to this, it may not produce any form of psychoactive effect on users of any age group. Thus, you have to decide on whether you want this or any other medication. Always select the one which can meet all your needs.