8 mins read; Research Time: 96 hours
Acne refers to a chronic skin problem that affects mainly on the face, neck, shoulders, upper arms, chest, and back. Usually, it appears during puberty and causes pimples and spots.
As per the researches, diets, which contain high sugar level and refined carbohydrates, can lead to acne. In addition to this, dairy products with a high level of hormone can contribute to growth.
Many treatment options are available for this, out of which CBD is one. Making use of CBD for Acne may be a practical option.
Let’s discuss more about it.
- 1.1 Different Types of Acne
- 1.2 Know When to Meet the Doctor
- 1.3 What Are the Reasons for This Disease?
- 1.4 Does Acne Occurring Due to Poor Western Diets
- 1.5 Avoid Opting Any Sudden Acne Treatments
- 1.6 Things You Should Do To Keep Yourself Away From Acne
- 2.1 Natural Curative Options for Acne
- 2.2 What Does the Research Say?
- 2.3 Legal Status of CBD
- 2.4 How to Intake This Natural Supplement
- 2.5 How to Use CBD for Acne
- 2.6 What is The Accurate Dosing Level of This Supplement?
Dive Deep into Acne
Most of the people believe that they can’t have clear skin because of their acne. It’s because of the unpleasant result getting after implementing various treatment options.
Have a look at the statement given by a woman affected with acne.
“For many years, I struggled with acne; even I started thinking about it as my personal failure. There was something wrong with my skin, but I felt like wrong was me because I couldn’t find a solution for it. The worst thing is I can’t hide this. I knew that these would be the first thing people notice when they see me because even when I look into myself, it was the first thing I notice in me”.
However, if you are one of them, then don’t give up, find out a profound alternative that can offer you clear as well as soft skin.
We hope here you may get a solution to your acne problem.
However, before that, have a look at its types, know when you should meet the doctor, as well as find the reason why you are having this problem.
Different Types of Acne
- Blackheads: These tend to be black and generally seen on the skin surface.
- Pustules: The base of these tends to be red color, has pus on top, and is visible on the skin surface.
- Whiteheads: This form of acne is small in size and occurs under the skin.
- Cysts: These consist of pus and tend to be painful. These are evident on the skin surface and can be the reason behind scars.
- Papules: These are generally small in size and appear as pink bumps on the skin surface.
- Nodules: This kind of acne is solid, large, as well as painful pimples deeply fixed in the skin.
Know When to Meet the Doctor
Acne symptoms differ according to the type of acne you have. Please have a look at it.
- Open plugged pores for blackheads.
- For pustules, the sign may be a pimple having pus at the top.
- Closed plugged pores for whiteheads.
- The sign of cysts is a pus-filled painful lump.
- For papules, the sign is pink bumps of small size.
- Moreover, for nodules, it will be painful lumps, which are solid and large.
What Are the Reasons for This Disease?
The key factors, which cause acne, are:
- Producing an excess amount of oil
- Hormonal factors
- Certain kinds of cosmetics
Does Acne Occurring Due to Poor Western Diets
If you dig deep into the western diet, you can see that dairy products, refined carbs as well as sugar may cause acne.
As per the researches, it is clear that diets having a high level of sugar as well as refined carbs, which are high-glycemic foods, can cause this skin problem.
Evidence is showing that high-glycemic diets may worsen this skin issue. In addition to this, evidence also shows that dairy products may not worsen this issue to a great extent.
Avoid Opting Any Sudden Acne Treatments
Why we’re discussing this because it is quite possible that when you get this problem, you will seek medication to get rid of this problem.
Sometimes you select simple medications, but sometimes you may even opt for excessive medicines. Before taking extreme treatments, there are certain things, which you must know.
Excessive treatment options may:
- Be harmful to your skeleton or teeth.
- Result in having depression in you.
- Cause fetal damage (mainly in women who are pregnant or who want to become pregnant eventually)
- Lead to overall damage to health affecting your mental as well as physical health.
Things You Should Do To Keep Yourself Away From Acne
Avoiding certain foods can help you get clear skin.
- Foods that can increase the level of insulin can worsen your acne.
- Beverages, which can result in inflammation as well as hormonal balance, can cause this problem.
Managing acne requires a whole-body approach. When your complexion becomes oozing, inflamed, or dry, it indicates the presence of specific skin issues. Most of the acne treatments depending on your skin texture; you have to take a whole-body approach to nurture as well as cure your skin from inside as well as outside.
Curing Acne is a Great Deal
Acne is a common skin issue for which most of the people consult with a dermatologist to get rid of it.
If your acne is in the mild stage, then the doctor often prescribes topical options such as cream, lotions, balms, etc. On the other hand, if you are facing a moderate or severe stage, then the doctor may suggest oral antibiotics.
Antibiotic resistance may cause some dangerous problems. Due to this, some doctors are limiting the duration of antibiotics for healing acne.
Natural Curative Options for Acne
Doing yoga on a regular study can reduce pimple slowly.
“PRANAYAMA – This is a breathing medication coming under yoga, which can balance the body as well as mind deeply. This, as a result, alleviate the stressors that can lead to acne”, says Holecek.
There are several other natural options as well, which can help you manage your acne. These include:
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Mix one part of natural apple cider vinegar and three parts water, apply it to the particular area with a cotton ball. Now, wait for 5 to 20 seconds and clean with water.
- Zinc-Rich Foods: If you find that, you’re having a low level of zinc, consider having zinc-rich foods. These include pumpkin seeds, mushrooms, spinach, etc.
- Aloe Vera: Take the gel from the aloe leaf with a spoon, and apply it to your skin as a moisturizer.
- Green Tea: Put green tea in boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes and cool it. Apply it in your skin using a cotton ball or spray bottle, wait until it gets dry and cleans the area with water.
If you want, you can try the above options.
Though there are many options, here we are saying about one natural supplement, which we wrote in the intro of this content – CBD (Cannabidiol).
There is evidence suggesting that CBD Oil (one of the CBD products) may be beneficial for managing this skin problem to some extent. For some people who would like to have topical options, CBD is available in topical form also.
To make you clear more about its effectiveness, we’re writing down the aspects of some researches.
Have a look.
What Does the Research Say?
In a 2014 study, it is suggested that CBD may prevent the human sebocytes (cells that generate sebum) from creating oil sebum in excessive amounts.
Additionally, it is also found in the study that CBD oil may cause an anti-inflammatory effect in the cells and stops the activation of inflammatory cytokines. Cytokines may lead to acne, so preventing or reducing them will help to avoid further breakouts.
In a 2016 review on the cannabis plant, it has highlighted that cannabidiol may have antifungal as well as antibacterial effects. This may ease the skin infections causing due to dirt as well as other pollutants.
“Preliminary results from these researches are positive but are lacking from human trials. Thus, more shreds of evidence are essential for the doctor to prescribe CBD oil as a part of the anti-acne treatment option”.
Though researches are showing it as promising, many people have confusion regarding its legality.
Considering this, we did researches on it and here are our findings.
Legal Status of CBD
Federally, the legal status of CBD differs for every state. However, in general, if we look into it, then one of the main factors regarding its legal status is its origin. It depends on whether it is from marijuana or hemp.
If it is from hemp derivates, then it is legal to use for medicinal purposes. It’s due to the reason that pure hemp-sourced products will not contain THC (a psychoactive compound).
How to Use CBD for Acne
Using CBD or its products is not a difficult task. For example; if you’re going to use CBD oil, then simply mix it with the carrier oil and directly apply on your skin where you want.
Moreover, when it comes to carrier oil, there are various options for you. They are:
- Shea butter
- Coconut oil
- Argan oil
- Olive oil
However, before doing all these things, make sure that your CBD oil is third-party tested or not.
What is The Accurate Dosing Level of This Supplement?
CBD has no accurate dosing level that can fit all. Therefore, it is always good to start from a low dosing level. This will help you to analyze whether it is useful for you or not. Still, if you don’t feel relief, then upsurge the dosing slowly.
**Disclaimer: Dosage of CBD oil given in this is not from any physicians. Thus, consulting a physician will be useful before consuming it. **
Instead of medication, changing your regular diet can also control the outbreak of this problem.
Have a look…
Control the Occurrence of Acne by Changing Your Diet
- Avoiding junk as well as fast food from diet is the first step to control your acne. In addition to this, avoid eating sugary carbs like baked items. These include muffins, bagels, cookies, as well as bread. Instead of these foods, you can include organic vegetables, high-quality fats, as well as grass-fed meat in your diet.
- Reduce the consumption of oats, corn, wheat, as well as rice. Not only this much but also avoid eating potatoes (mainly potato chips) and pasta as these can cause skin problems.
Along with these foods, we also suggest you avoid soda as well as other sugar-laden drinks. Moreover, avoid consuming drinks and foods, which contain corn syrup as well as high-fructose corn syrup.
Final Words About CBD for Acne
The information we wrote in this article is not the suggestion from any medical expert. Whatever we wrote in this article strictly depends on certain researches.
Acne is a common problem, which has many therapeutic options, but to find out the best one is a difficult task. There are various natural as well as prescription treatments, which can control this skin issue.
Either you can consult with a doctor, or you can make use of natural alternatives. If you want, you can try home remedies or else try CBD, a natural supplement that may manage your acne.
However, if you are choosing this supplement, then consider buying from a top brand. Goto Leaf is one such, which offers a variety of pure hemp-derived CBD products like lotions, oils, CBD gummies, capsules, etc.
**The statements given in this are not from any medical expert. These are strictly based on our researches. The product is not for diagnosing, curing, treating, or preventing any health ailments. Before ingesting it, consulting a doctor would be an excellent decision. **
Reference Source for Acne