7 mins read; Research Time: 96 hours
Dementia is a neurocognitive disease that can severely affect your daily life. This is not a specific disease but a combination of different health concerns
This disease cause problem with thinking, reasoning, remembering. When the parts of the brain get damaged, the problem starts happening.
Looking for the right medication, then consuming CBD for dementia can be one of the options. Don’t know whether it will cure or not? Click and read our link to find more information about this.
- 1.1 Know the other types of Dementia
- 1.2 Other common symptoms of Dementia
- 1.3 Some of the possible Causes can be
- 1.4 Risk and prevention for this disease
- 2.1 Medications for disease
- 2.2 Simple diet tweaks that could reduce the risk
- 2.3 Alternative remedy for treating this ailment
- 2.4 Know about the CBD
- 2.5 CBD and Dementia- Alternative Medication
- 2.6 Researcher’s point of view
- 2.7 Optimal CBD dosage for Dementia
- 2.8 CBD and its legality
- 2.9 Forms of CBD available in the market
Know about Dementia
Dementia is a term used for various symptoms like loss of memory, inability to focus, difficulty in finding words, etc. This is not a specific disorder; several diseases may lead to this condition. This disease generally affects memory and other thinking ability.
In the case of older adults, Alzheimer’s disease tends to be one common reason for continuous dementia. Before we get to know about CBD and Dementia, you should know the symptoms and causes of Dementia.
Know the other types of Dementia
Dementia can fall into two different groups according to the affecting portion of the brain.
Cortical dementias occur if there is any problem in the cerebral cortex, which is the outer layer of the brain. People suffering from this type of dementia usually experience severe memory loss.
- Alzheimer’s disease: This disease can affect around 60 to 80 % of people having dementia. In its early stage, you may find difficulty in recalling the names and conversation.
- Dementia with Lewy bodies: Symptoms of this type are like Alzheimer’s. But along with this, it also includes visual hallucinations, trouble in sleep, etc.
- Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease: This disease signifies a range of brain disorders which can be a problem for the entire body.
Subcortical Dementia occurs if there is any problem below the cortex portion. People suffering from this type of disease can feel the changes in their thinking activities.
- Parkinson’s disease: In this, you may experience tremor in hands, a change in behavior, depression, etc. But in its later stage, you may struggle in sleeping and speaking.
- Huntington’s disease: This is a genetic disease that may cause a change in mood, depression, and strange movements.
Other common symptoms of Dementia
Dementia is mostly progressive, meaning the symptoms can start slowly and then gradually increase. Symptoms can vary according to the cause, but certain common symptoms are also there. Here it goes:
- Loss of memory
- Struggle to communicate
- Inability to handle difficult tasks
- Fail to plan and organize well
- Difficulty in solving problems
After symptoms, you should know the reason behind this disorder. This will help you to take prevention if possible. So, let’s point out towards Causes of Dementia.
Some of the possible Causes can be
This disorder occurs due to the damage in nerve cells present in the human brain. It can affect differently on diverse people, and even symptoms may not be similar for all.
When there is some damage in a particular region of cells, then that particular region might not functions properly. The most changes in the brain that cause dementia are permanent and get severe over time. There are a few causes that can probably cause this disease, such as:
- Side effects of medication
- More use of alcohol
- Thyroid problem
- Vitamin deficiencies
- Immune disorder
- Environment pollution
- Brain tumor
Risk and prevention for this disease
There are many aspects that can lead to this disease. There are a few risk factors that you can change, and there are certain on which people do not have any control.
Risk factors that you cannot change
- Age: The risk can increase as you grow old. People above 65 years can be more prone to this disease.
- Family history: Your family history puts you at greater risk of developing this health condition.
- Down syndrome: People having Down syndrome can easily develop this Alzheimer’s disease.
The Risk factor that you can control:
- Diet and exercise: As per research, a lack of exercise can be one of the reasons to cause this disease. The people who follow a Mediterranean diet can have a low chance of causing this disease.
- Heavy consumption of alcohol: If you are more addicted to alcohol consumption, then the risk to cause this ailment is also high.
- Cardiovascular problem: This problem include high blood pressure, high cholesterol, which starts collecting the fats in your artery walls.
- Depression: Depression can be one of the reasons to cause this disease.
- Diabetes: If you are a sufferer of diabetes, then the risk of causing dementia is high.
- Smoking: Smoking can increase your threat of developing dementia and blood vessel.
- Vitamin and nutritional deficiencies: Low level of vitamin D, vitamin B-6 may increase the chances of causing this disease.
Diagnosis of Dementia
There is no particular test to determine if someone is suffering from this disorder. A doctor can just conclude if the person is suffering from this disease or not, but determining the types can be difficult. Because the symptoms and the brain changes can overlap each other.
People who are suffering from dementia must seek professional guidance to get relief at an early stage itself.
Medications for disease
Following the right medication is a crucial step. There is no cure for almost all types of dementia, but there are various methods to manage its symptoms. Few of the medication are:
- Cholinesterase inhibitors
A doctor might prescribe medication for treating underlying symptoms like depression, sleep pattern, Parkinsonism, etc.
Simple diet tweaks that could reduce the risk
Doctors suggest that Mediterranean and DASH diet, which include food item that can result in reducing dementia prevention.
- A little amount of grain in a day
- Green vegetables every day
- Berries at least twice a week
- Reduce eating red meat
- Fish at least once in a week
- A little amount of nuts every day
- Use olive oil for cooking
- Reduce eating cheese every day
Alternative remedy for treating this ailment
A range of medicines and therapies are reachable now, which can slow down the symptoms. But apart from the medicines that doctors prescribe, there are certain other remedies.
If you are in search of such remedies, then CBD might be a good one to consider. Before knowing about what effect CBD has on this disease, it is important to get the knowledge about what it is.
Read the full article and know more!!
Know about the CBD
Most of the people have confusion about cannabis and Cannabidiol. Here’s is the answer for them!!
The Cannabis plant is widely popular as marijuana. The dry leaves, flower or the resin extract, is only for recreational purposes. The additional name of medical cannabis is medical marijuana. The plant has two major compounds such as tetrahydrocannabinol THC and CBD.
Both the compounds are from the same plant but still works in the opposite manner. THC is a component of the cannabis plant that can invoke relaxation but also come with various severe side effects.
Where CBD does not produce any high sensation in the body. It became widely popular due to its potential benefits. It may help in managing the underlying symptoms. In the case of dementia, it helps in dealing with the mental and behavioral symptoms of dementia.
CBD oils are the main component of any CBD product. The extraction of oil is from the industrial hemp plant.
CBD and Dementia- Alternative Medication
Most of the people have this doubt about does CBD oil help dementia? If, you are one among this here is the appropriate answer for you.
As per various clinical trials, this alternative medication can be for treating people suffering from dementia or any of your caregiver.
- It may take away dementia from the brain cells.
- This alternative may work as a brain stimulant as well as a neuroprotectant.
- This may also decrease the level of anxiety and stress in the sufferers.
- Cannabidiol oil may help in reducing the inflammation happening in the brain.
- CBD oil for dementia may help in dealing with the underlying condition.
Not only this much, but it may also become an asset for treating the conditions which are in connection with this disorder. This includes Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, Dementia with Lewy bodies (DLB), etc.
Researcher’s point of view
As per the researchers at California’s Salk Institute, a study happened in 2017, and according to that cannabinoids such as CBD could help to prevent the brain cells from damaging.
It may help in treating dementia-related conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease, vascular, Dementia and much more.
There are three ways in which CBD may help in improving health outcomes for a person suffering from dementia that is: by giving relief from the inflammation, by lessening the accumulation of oxygen buildup and by working as a brain stimulant and neuroprotectant.
These particular cannabinoids help in treating problems like stress and anxiety. It may help in reducing stress and anxiety in an individual.
Optimal CBD dosage for Dementia
People suffering from dementia may have confusion about the right CBD oil dosage for dementia.
Read and know about the dosage.
CBD is a natural chemical compound of the industrial hemp plant. As this compound comes from this particular plant, it does not contain THC. This is the main reason why it can be tolerable for most patients.
The consumption of CBD oil or other CBD products must be according to the disease and tolerating capacity of an individual. To know the exact dosage, the hit and trial method could be the best option.
Kindly speak to your physicians and know how much should you consume. And if you are under any other medication, then know whether it can interfere with your current treatment or not.
CBD and its legality
After the farm bill release of 2018, hemp-derived CBD became legal in all the states of the United States. There are also few states where marijuana is legal for medical use. Industrial Hemp is legal, as it is rich in CBD, which generally contains less 0.3 percent THC in it.
Forms of CBD available in the market
CBD comes in various forms; the users are free to choose their appropriate method. The user can inhale or consume in a pill form or apply in a particular region.
Most CBD patients prefer taking products orally, topical, or in a drop form. Each consuming method will take a different amount of time to show its effects on the body.
Here is the list of CBD products available in the market:
And much more.
CBD oil is the base ingredient for all forms of products.
Conclusion About CBD oil dementia
Dementia is a biological term for severe neurocognitive disorder. It is very difficult for dementia patients to live a quality life as compared to other people. So, it’s necessary that the sufferers must take proper medicines or therapies to deal with it.
And when we search for natural alternatives to managing the symptoms, there are plenty of alternative options and lifestyle changes that can help in dealing with the disease. If you are someone who prefers some natural approach, then CBD for Dementia may come in our search.
However, if you want to experience the effects of CBD, then it is necessary to get from some honest sellers. Goto leaf is one such seller where the products are 100% natural, hemp-derived, THC free.
** The statements given in this are not from any medical expert. These are strictly based on our researches. The product is not for diagnosing, curing, treating, or preventing any health ailments. Before ingesting it, consulting a doctor would be an excellent decision. **