7 mins read; Research Time: 96 hours
Have a general overview of depression
Depression is a psychological or mood disorder that can continuously give the feeling of being sad. It is capable of affecting the way you feel, behave, and think that can lead to an imbalance of physical and emotional wellbeing
It can take a toll on the relationship and can make your partner or love one feel fearful, hopeless, etc. It is important to treat this ailment at the beginning stage itself.
There is a broad range of therapeutic solutions available, but it is always better to choose some natural manner. This is the point where CBD should come under focus. But then a question arises about how CBD Oil for depression is effective.
Isn’t it? If yes, then read the complete article.
- 1.1 Different Types of Depression
- 1.2 Signs and symptoms of depression
- 1.3 Know the root causes of depression
- 1.4 Key Factors in depression
- 1.5 Complication in this disorder
- 2.1 Foods that help to fight depression
- 2.2 Natural therapy
- 2.3 What is CBD?
- 2.4 Does CBD help with depression?
- 2.5 From the researchers point of view
- 2.6 Is CBD products legal?
- 2.7 How to use CBD for Depression
- 2.8 Dosage of CBD Oil for Depression
Different Types of Depression
- Bipolar Depression: Sometimes, this is also known as manic depression. It causes extreme changes in mood and also consists of emotional ups and downs.
- Psychotic Depression: In this, people will show psychotic symptoms such as paranoia, hallucination, etc.
- Postpartum Depression: It is also known as peripartum depression. This occurs when women face this disorder after weeks and months of childbirth.
- Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: This type of depression occurs to women at the starting time of their period.
- Persistent Depressive Disorder: If you are suffering from this disorder for two years, then you have a persistent depressive disorder.
- Seasonal Affective Disorder: This form of depression occurs during winter. Because this is the time when you get less sunlight as the days grow short.
- Situational Depression: This kind of disorder occurs depending on the situations you are in such as losing a job, unhappy married life, and much more.
- Atypical Depression: This disorder effect on how you think, feel and behave. In this, your depressive mood can brighten up if you confront any positive event.
Signs and symptoms of depression
Depression may generally happen once in a lifetime, but it includes multiple phases. You may experience these phases every single day. Few of the symptoms are here:
- The feeling of tearfulness, hopelessness, and sadness
- Feeling irritation and frustration even for simple matters
- Feeling irritation and frustration even for simple matters
- Suffering from a sleep disorder like insomnia or hypersomnia
- Tiredness and low energy, unwilling to do a small task
- Bad appetite and reduction in weight or binge eating
- Anxiety, aggression and having a restless feeling
- Lost in thinking, speaking and even body movements
- Thinking about past failures and keep blaming themselves
- The Problem in concentrating, decision making and remembering things
- Getting frequent thoughts about suicide and death
- Suffering from physical problems like back pain, headaches, and joint pains
The symptoms of Depression may affect day-to-day activities and personal relationships with others. People who generally feel unhappy for no reason should consult their doctors.
Know the root causes of depression
This disorder does not involve one particular reason, instead, it consists of a series of factors that includes:
- Biological Difference: People suffering from depression may come across some psychological alterations in the brain. The reason for such changes is still unclear.
- Brain chemistry: Neurotransmitters present in the brain are the chemical that plays an important role in this disorder. As per the researchers, there are changes in the functioning of neurotransmitters and the way it interacts with the neurocircuits, which is for mood stability.
- Hormones: Alteration in the balance of hormones may cause this ailments. This hormone alteration can be due to the pregnancy and even after the delivery or due to various other conditions.
- Genetic: Depression can easily affect someone if any of their blood relatives were suffering from this disorder.
Key Factors in depression
Depression generally affects adults from 20 to 30, but it can happen to anyone at any age. Women are extra prone to this illness than men.
There are various factors that can increase the chances of developing this disorder. Few are here:
- People with low self-esteem, over-dependent, pessimistic has high chances of causing this disorder.
- A Stressful situation such as physical or sexual abuse, relation complexity, or finance problem.
- Gene of any family member having depression, bipolar disorder, or post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Aren’t clear about their genital organ and function of their hormones.
- Having a past history of mental health problem, such as anxiety ailments, sleep disorder, etc.
- Particular medication, like high blood pressure or sleeping pills, can cause this disorder.
A Complications in this disorder
Depression is a serious problem that can disturb you and your family completely. The problem will get worse if there is no proper treatment. It can affect your emotional, mental, and behavioral conditions.
A Complication in association with depression are here:
- Overweight or obesity, which can cause heart disease.
- Physical illness and pain
- Drug misuse or over intake of alcohol
- Family problem, relationship conflicts
- Suicide temptation
- Anxiety, social phobia, and panic disorder
- Harming themselves, such as cutting
Treatment for depression
Depression is a terrible mental problem. It takes some time and patience to rewire the unhealthy brain. There is three basic treatment for managing this ailment.
1. Psychotherapy: It is a talking therapy for depression, which includes interpersonal therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT). In the initial stages of this disorder, psychotherapy can be an initial option for treating this disorder. This therapy may help the patients to understand their emotional problems.
2. Antidepressant medication: It is a prescription drug from the doctor. Few of the medication is here:
- Tricyclic antidepressant
- Atypical antidepressant
- Serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors
3. Exercise and other essential therapies: Aerobic exercise may help in treating the mild level of this disorder, as it increases the endorphin levels and stimulates the neurotransmitter norepinephrine.
There is a wide range of medications accessible to ease the symptoms of this disorder. You have to choose according to need.
Foods that help to fight depression
Daily diet has the capability of influencing your mental illness. So, it becomes important to schedule your diet, which may help in boosting your mood naturally.
- Brain-healthy fats like nuts, avocados, almonds
- A Mediterranean diet- fish, meat, olive oil
- Leafy greens- spinach, watercress, mustard greens
- Dark chocolate
- Sweet potato
The experience of depression is more than just feeling sad, unhappy, or hopeless for a period of time. The rate of people suffering from depression and anxiety is increasing day by day.
If the condition is severe and long-lasting, it may start affecting your personal and professional life. Depending on the type you have, doctors can recommend you the best medicinal option suitable for you. However, for every ailment, there may be some natural way to manage it. For depression also, it is there.
Now, it’s the time to disclose the answer for- Why CBD for Depression? But before that, it is becoming essential to know what exactly CBD is and what its effects are.
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a natural plant-based chemical compound available in the marijuana plant. The plant has numerous compounds, namely cannabinoids.
CBD is similar to the other compound, which is present in the same plant, namely tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). These two important compound CBD and THC that acts directly on the body. THC is capable of making you feel euphoria or high feeling. Whereas CBD does not have any such effects on our body.
CBD is a phytocannabinoid which helps in regulating our central nervous system. It can help in controlling the endocannabinoid system that can control appetite, mood, sensation, the functioning of the immune system.
In this article, you will get to understand the potential of CBD which may help in managing the symptoms of depression.
Does CBD help with depression?
There are currently various studies according to which CBD is an effective treatment for this disorder. While CBD cannot cure depression, but it can control the symptoms and control it from getting worse.
The cannabinoids present in our body help in regulating several functions of our body like mood, sensation, pain, etc. These functions will work by interacting with the brain cell namely receptors. These receptors will trigger the action of serotonin, which is capable of improving the mood and reducing the stress level.
CBD is helpful only for managing the depressive symptoms by modifying the actions of endocannabinoids and the effects of serotonin, which will, in turn, alter the activity of receptors.
From the researcher’s point of view
Experimenting on animal models has helped in coming to the conclusion that CBD can help in treating depression.
As per the 2014 review, the outcome of various studies is that the CBD can act as an antidepressant and anti-anxiety compound.
The CBD compound is a clear anti-stress for both the short and long term. They also found that CBD work without directly activating the brain’s endocannabinoid receptor, which indicates that CBD has less risk of becoming a habit or addictive.
This is an important point to note because most people are concerned about the addictive nature of this compound. The conclusion of 2018, researchers is that the CBD is a promising and fast-acting antidepressant.
Are CBD products legal?
Thanks to the 2018 Farm Bill, because of which the Naturally-extracted CBD from the cannabis plant is legitimate in all 50 states of the United States. Since the changes in the law are new, some states might not embrace CBD.
How to use CBD Oil for Depression
CBD will be effective only when the person uses it on a regular basis and be consistent in its dosage. It is obtainable in numerous forms such as:
- CBD Tincture for depression
- CBD Capsules for depression
- CBD Roll-on for depression
- CBD Topical for depression
- CBD Oil for depression
- CBD Gummies for depression
Out of all the forms, CBD oil is the most preferable one. You can also add CBD oil for cooking purposes. CBD oil helps to manage the symptoms of anxiety disorder and improve the quality of life.
It depends on each individual to choose their intake method as per their lifestyle.
Dosage of CBD Oil for Depression
Note: The CBD dosage in this article is not intended to provide any kind of substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. It is completely on the basis of the customer’s feedback and experience.
As CBD is a natural chemical compound, is no standard dosage available till date. It is better to begin from the low dosage and then gradually increase the dosage. The effects of CBD will last for several hours after the intake of the dosage. The person will experience a better feeling of up to 24 hours of intake.
Generally, it is better to consult with your doctor or medical physician before beginning the intake of Hemp CBD products to prevent drug interaction.
Conclusion on CBD for Depression
Depression is a common mental health condition that can have a long-lasting effect on a person’s health, personal life, social life, and overall well-being.
There are several medicinal treatments and home-based remedies currently available. But they generally come along with a bunch of side effects. To avoid such effects, it is better to opt for some natural treatment.
One of the potent compound that is gaining popularity in the medical field is CBD Oil for mental health.
If you wanna try this, you can get it from the Goto leaf site as they have 100% natural, no THC, no GMO, and lab-tested products. They also have a positive response from their customers.
Choose Goto leaf!!
Choose a healthy lifestyle!!
**The statements given in this are not from any medical expert. These are strictly based on our researches. The product is not for diagnosing, curing, treating, or preventing any health ailments. Before ingesting it, consulting a doctor would be an excellent decision. **