7 mins read; Research Time: 96 hours
Eczema is a severe skin disorder that can make your skin itchy, red and rough. People of all age group can have this, it especially appears in children. Cannabidiol is a medicine which may reduce the itching and other condition which has a connection with this disease. If you have any confusion about why CBD Oil for eczema, then read the post first and know more.
The other word for eczema is atopic dermatitis.
- The “Atopic” is for disease in relation to the immune system.
- And, “dermatitis” is an inflammation on the surface of the skin.
Till now there is no cure available for eczema. But, there are various treatments that can provide relief from the symptoms of eczema.
If any of your close ones are suffering from Eczema disease. Then it becomes important to know in-depth about the ailments and the medications available in relation to this disease.
Stick with us till the end and know more about Eczema.
- 2.1 Know more on CBD
- 2.2 Is CBD Oil for Eczema Works Well?
- 2.3 Consumption of CBD for Eczema
- 2.4 Dosage of CBD for Eczema Skin Disorders
- 2.5 Researchers On CBD for Eczema Reddit
- 2.6 Know the legal status of CBD Oil for Eczema
- 3.1 Home care
- 3.2 Traditional medications for Eczema Disease
- 3.3 Natural treatment that are easily available
- 3.4 Foods that can alleviate eczema
Different Types of Eczema
- Contact dermatitis: This occurs because of the contact with the irritants. Usually itching, burning, and redness appears in this.
- Dyshidrotic dermatitis: It appears mostly in women. This affects the palms of hands, fingers, and soles of feet. In this, the skin becomes scaly and itchy.
- Nummular dermatitis: This kind of eczema normally affects the legs. During winter, it causes round and dry patches of skin.
- Seborrheic Dermatitis: It affects the eyebrows, scalp, eyelids, the area behind the ears, etc. This type causes scaly, red and itchy skin.
- Stasis dermatitis: It is a skin irritation feeling on the lower leg, which is in relation to the circulatory problems.
- Neurodermatitis: This can be scaly patches on the skin of the head, forearms, wrist, and legs. It can because of an insect bite.
Symptoms and signs in relation to eczema
The signs and symptoms of atopic dermatitis can vary for the different age groups. This disorder occurs often in infants and is extremely itchy. We’re showcasing the symptoms in three sections for you to understand it better. Have a look.
1. Symptoms in babies below 2 years of age
- Rashes on cheeks and scalps
- Disturbance in sleep due to extreme itchiness
- Rashes bubble up before the leakage of fluid starts
- Continuous scratching can lead to other skin problems
2. Symptoms in children of 2 years until puberty
- Rashes behind the creases of knees or elbows
- Rashes on the neck, ankles, wrists, etc.
- And as the disease grows, signs can be:
- Bumpy rashes
- Rashes can become dark
- The rashes can then further develop knots and have a permanent itch.
3. Symptoms in the case of adults
- Dry skin
- Permanent itchy
- Skin infections
- Rashes can cover most of the area of the body
- Especially on the neck and face portion
Know the foundation of eczema
It is good for everyone to be aware of the root cause of this disorder. But unfortunately, even doctors are not able to identify its exact causes. The reason for causing this disorder can be a blend of some genetic and environmental factors. Few of them are here:
- Genetics: Children are more prone to this disease if any of the parents have had atopic disease.
- Environment: Extreme exposure to bad weather conditions like very hot or very cold can lead to eczema.
- Foods: Dairy products like nuts, eggs, seed, and soy products are things that the patient suffering from eczema must avoid.
- Stress: This doesn’t trigger the disorder, but it can make the condition worse.
- Hormone: Women can easily experience eczema symptoms because of the changes in the hormones.
- Irritants: Be careful about using things like soap, detergent, shampoo, etc. to prevent this disorder.
Natural Supplement for treating Eczema Skin Disease
You can treat Eczema with medicated cream. But nowadays more and more people are turning to natural supplements.
Out of all the other natural supplements, we gonna talk about the one new therapy namely CBD which is in public interest for its therapeutic potential. Let’s get into the CBD topic and know how it works exactly.
Know more on Cannabidiol (CBD)
Cannabidiol CBD is the most common type of cannabinoid. These cannabinoids are natural chemical compounds that are present exclusively in cannabis plants. Let us dive deep and know more about it.
There are 120 unique cannabinoids available in cannabis plants. And apart from CBD, THC is another compound that is prevalent cannabinoid present in the plant. Medical marijuana has many strains of cannabis in it.
Differentiating this THC and CBD becomes really important now. THC is accountable for making you feel “high” and produces negative effects on the body, whereas Cannabidiol has the potential of providing therapeutic benefits and won’t give a euphoric feeling.
Is CBD Oil for Eczema Works Well?
For treating this disorder, an allergist or dermatologist can help you. They are capable enough to identify and suggest the best treatment.
But here we’re focusing more on why to take CBD for Atopic dermatitis Eczema. Let us get into the depth and know about it.
- This may slow down the severity of this medical condition with the interaction of the Cannabinoid receptors.
- It may help in reducing the inflammation and try to prevent from flaring-up.
- It may have an anti-microbial effect to treat the infection, causing bacteria.
The endocannabinoid receptors are present in every part of the body, which is for managing the immune system, mood, and help in managing pain relief.
When the patient’s experiences eczema, the immune system of our body starts creating an inflammation. Because of this inflammation, eczema starts itching, produces irritation, and redness.
Consumption of CBD for Eczema
As per various researches, CBD can address multiple causes, in relation to this disorder. You can have CBD products by both orally or in a topical manner.
Patients are free to choose their intake method, as per their lifestyle and schedule.
Few of the forms are here:
There are few products that come under the CBD topical medications are CBD lotion, CBD salve, and cannabis cream.
Out of all the forms, CBD oil is the most preferable one. You can use CBD oil directly on the skin, under the tongue, or you can add in food and beverages.
Before choosing your intake method, consult your doctor that it will not interfere with the other topical treatments.
Dosage of CBD for Eczema Skin Disorders
Note: This website is not projected for any kind of medical advice or suggestions. This is solely based on the customer’s point of view.
No, there is just one answer to this question. As per the FDA, Cannabidiol does not have any official dosage. If you are some who is the first-time consumer of this supplement, then it is better, to begin with, a little amount of dosage and then improves as per your need.
There are few things that you must consider before setting the right dosage such as the concentration of CBD, body weight, body chemistry, the severity of the ailment.
Kindly get some medical advice before using cannabidiol products and consider the pros and cons of the product.
Researchers On CBD for Eczema Reddit
As per the journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, Dr. Jeanette Jacknin came to the conclusion that cannabidiol can be effective against skin problems. Eight out of 21 patients who used the CBD cream for Eczema for three weeks, got rid of itching or pruritus.
Two recent studies happened which will show the significance of CB1 receptors on the skin for healthy basal cell regeneration. The basal cell has to regenerate and grow.
Researchers came to a conclusion, that cannabidiol (CBD) or palmitoylethanolamide(PEA) helps to get relief from itchiness. One study happens with 25 children and 18 adults with atopic dermatitis (eczema). They were treated with PEA for the reduction of skin problems for a period of time.
Medication in relation to eczema:
Treatment for this condition is to provide relief from the symptoms. There are traditional medications available, but it comes along with several side effects.
The treatment will depend on the individual age, symptoms, and state of health. The issue can be for a short period or has long term conditions.
Know the legal status CBD Oil for Eczema
Have confusion regarding the legality of this natural supplement in your state? If yes, then let’s get into it.
CBD is legal in most area of the United States, but there are some restriction is an association with it. According to Farm act 2018, the purchasing and consuming CBD products are legal in all 50 states, but only if it contains less than 0.3% THC in it.
There are various home care methods that can alleviate the skin problem from getting severe. Few of the necessary things are here:
- Having a lukewarm bath
- Apply moisturizer immediately after bath
- Applying moisturizer every day
- Avoid bad fabric and tight-fitting clothes
- Use a mild soap for washing
- Softly rubbing on the wet area with the towel
- Avoid changes in the temperature
- Usage of a humidifier in chilly weather
- Avoid scratching with your fingernails
Traditional medications for Eczema Disease
As of now, there are various other medications available for treating the eczema skin disease symptoms of this disorder. However, there are no prescriptions that can cure the disease completely.
- Systemic corticosteroid
- Antiviral and antifungal medication
- Topical calcineurin inhibitors
- Barrier repair moisturizers
A Natural treatment that is easily available
There are some natural products available for treating this disorder. Certain changes in the lifestyle and product can help you to reduce the symptoms.
List of few things that you should apply is here:
- Aloe Vera gel: It is helpful in healing the wounds and broken skin.
- Bleach in the bath: Bleach is for killing the bacteria present on the surface of the skin.
- Apple cider vinegar: It is helpful in balancing the acidity level of the skin as it can cause some burns.
- Colloidal oatmeal: It is generally helpful for healing the skin properties and result in reducing the skin dryness, roughness.
- Coconut oil: From ancient times itself, coconut oil has been helpful to lock the moisturization of the dry skin.
- Honey: It is an antibacterial and anti-inflammatory agent that helps in healing the wounds.
- Tea Tree oil: This oil has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory properties; that can help in healing the wounds.
Foods that can alleviate eczema
Many people can experience disease due to food allergies. This list may differ for each individual. Everyone is different and has their own different food allergies. It is always better to eat anti-inflammatory food that can help in lessening the symptoms of eczema.
- Fatty fish– Fish oil has omega-3 fatty acid, which is anti-inflammatory by nature.
- Food containing quercetin– Foods like apple, blueberries, cherries, spinach has powerful antioxidant features.
- Food containing probiotics– Probiotic food such as yogurt help you to support the strong immune system.
Conclusion About CBD Oil for Eczema
Eczema tends to be a serious skin condition that can appear anywhere on the body. It is a chronic problem, especially in the case of infants.
There is no complete cure existing for this disorder, but there are medications available for treating the symptoms. Traditional drugs and home cures can help you in dealing with the signs of the disorder.
But nowadays, most people are showing interest in natural therapy due to less or no side effects. If you are one among them, then CBD Oil for Eczema may the correct option for you.
Goto leaf helps in leading a healthy life!!
** The statements given in this are not from any medical expert. These are strictly based on our researches. The product is not for diagnosing, curing, treating, or preventing any health ailments. Before ingesting it, consulting a doctor would be an excellent decision. **