7 mins read; Research Time: 96 hours
Glaucoma is a disease that affects your eyes due to the abnormal pressure occurring on the eyes. It causes harm to the optic nerves of your eyes. The effect of this disease is so slow that you may not notice any changes in the vision.
Read and explore whether using CBD Oil for glaucoma will worsen or treat the disease. This will help you take the perfect decision on what to intake.
- 1.1 Various kinds of Glaucoma
- 1.2 Identify the warning signs of glaucoma
- 1.3 Know the origin of this disease
- 2.1 Eye drops for glaucoma
- 2.2 Surgery for this disease
- 2.3 Safety measures need to take on regular basis
- 2.4 Healthy food can reduce the risk of glaucoma
- 3.1 Can Cannabis be helpful for Glaucoma?
- 3.2 When did CBD make an appearance?
- 3.3 The role of cannabidiol in glaucoma
- 3.4 CBD benefits for Glaucoma?
- 3.5 Studies on CBD for Glaucoma
- 3.6 Approachable methods for using CBD Oil and Glaucoma
- 3.7 The legality of CBD for Glaucoma
- 3.8 Dosage of CBD Oil for Glaucoma
Exactly what is glaucoma?
Glaucoma is due to the damage in the optic nerve. The damage usually happens because of the pressure, which builds up fluid (aqueous humor) that flows in the entire eye. The exact cause of why this occurs is still unidentified.
The internal fluid gets drained out through the trabecular meshwork. When the overproduced fluid gets collected, the pressure starts increasing.
This disease gets sever over time, which can lead to permanent vision loss. This disease most commonly affects older adults.
There is a new medication available in the market, namely CBD Cannabidiol, which may be helpful in dealing with this disease. Thinking why are we saying? Read the full article and know more.
Before you get to know about Best CBD Oil for Glaucoma, you should know the symptoms and causes of the Glaucoma.
Various kinds of Glaucoma
It is important to diagnosis the problem at the early stage itself to prevent it from leading to complete blindness.
There are different types of glaucoma, such as:
- Open-angle Glaucoma: In this type of disease, people fail to get treatment from the starting as its symptoms appear only at the last stage.
- Closed-angle Glaucoma: This form of disease arrives all of a sudden. Moreover, in this, people will have pain and will lose their eyesight.
- Pigmentary Glaucoma: Generally, this glaucoma arrives at an early age or when you’re in the middle of your adulthood.
- Low-tension Glaucoma: This type of glaucoma can damage your optic nerve even when your eye is not experiencing abnormal pressure.
Identify the warning signs of this ailment
The symptoms of glaucoma gets vary depending on the types and stages you are suffering from. Many times there are no warning signs visible.
Symptoms of this disease are different for open and closed-angle glaucoma. So, considering this, we’re presenting it separately.
For open-angle, the symptoms are:
- Tunnel vision in the advanced stage
- Uneven blind spots are often occurring in the central or side vision of both eyes.
For closed-angle, the symptoms are:
- Extreme eye pain
- Unclear eyesight
- Sudden issues in vision
- Nausea and vomiting
- Red eyes
Now let us move on how this condition occurs in people.
Know the origin of this disease
Professionals are uncertain about the exact causes of this disease. Doctors generally categories into two cases:
Primary glaucoma: there is no particular cause.
Secondary glaucoma: The condition to cause this is: tumor, diabetes, cataract, or inflammation.
As there are no apparent signs of causing this disease, it is essential to know some of the common risk factors for glaucoma:
Traditional Treatment options available for glaucoma
Managing glaucoma is not a difficult task if you undergo adequate treatment and regular checkups. In case, you’re suffering from this eye condition; then it would be good if you begin the treatment at its primary stage.
Any traditional medication is for improving the flow of fluid throughout the eye, or reducing the secretion of fluid or even for both:
Eye drops for glaucoma
The treatment of glaucoma in the initial stages is possible using the eye drops. Some of them are:
- prostaglandin analogues
- carbonic anhydrase inhibitors
- cholinergic agents
- beta blockers
The eye drop may have few side effects such as stinging, redness, growth of eyelash, change in the eye color, difficulty in breathing, and much more. If eye drops are not working, then the next option will probably be surgery.
Surgery for this disease
Surgical intervention is for bringing down the pressure inside the eye. Few surgery options are:
- Trabeculoplasty– a laser beam, which is for making the fluid flow easy.
- Filtering surgery: This is a laser surgery, which may help in opening the channel to improve the fluid movement.
- Drainage implant: This treatment is for children or people suffering from secondary glaucoma. It is to drain the fluid out of the eye.
Safety measures need to take on a regular basis
The self-care steps can be helpful in detecting this disorder, in the beginning, stages itself.
- Wear eye protection: Any past eye injuries can lead to this disorder. It is better to wear eye protection while playing an intense sport or using a power racket.
- Take prescribed eyedrops: The eye drops can lessen the risk of high pressure. The prescribed eye drop is for daily use.
- Regular exercise: Regular exercise may help you prevent this disorder by reducing the pressure on high.
- Know about the history of the family: If even one of your family members is suffering from this disorder, then the risk is high for you.
- Get regular examination: Consistent examination may help you to detect this ailment at an initial stage.
Healthy food can reduce the risk of glaucoma
Having a healthy diet may help prevent various ailments. As per the food researchers or nutritionist healthy diet may possibly help in dealing with this disease.
Here, are specific foods that you need to include in your regular diet.
- A Dairy item such as ghee, cheese, milk, etc.
- Green veggies like spinach, cabbage, okra, etc.
- Eggs, citrus, and nuts.
- Fruits like orange, broccoli, etc.
- Veggies like peaches, carrot, etc.
- Liquid items like green tea, chocolate, red wine
- Items that high vitamin A.
Nutrient Supplement for this disease
Many prescribed treatments are accessible, but there is one alternative medication that is different from all these-CBD. CBD is a natural therapeutic medication.
Don’t know what it is? If yes, then in this article, you can get complete information and know it from scratch.
Can Cannabis be helpful for Glaucoma?
Glaucoma is one of the eye condition which leads to irreversible blindness. There are so many options for treating this disease. The surgical procedure and treatment options are increasing, but the topical option is still the least.
Most of the people ask this question how does marijuana help glaucoma. Here’s the answer for them.
As per studies, the state where medical marijuana is legal, there is an increase in the number of people shifting to cannabis. The cannabinoids of the plant may help in lowering the neuroprotective action and intraocular pressure. But there are few cannabinoids that come along with so many negative effects.
When did CBD make an appearance?
After so many researches, there are few ophthalmologists who may embrace the use of one particular cannabinoid.
This was when the particular cannabinoid, namely cannabidiol, came into appearance.
Cannabidiol CBD is a chemical compound of the cannabis plant. It is a non-psychoactive and intoxicating compound with various therapeutic potential. Although it is important to consume in the right form. E.g., the vaping may lead to unstable intraocular pressure, thereby maybe lead to permanent vision loss.
The role of cannabidiol in glaucoma
After, knowing about what this compound is. Let us move onto knowing about its role in glaucoma. Many sufferers of this disease might want to know is CBD good for glaucoma.
Here’s the answer for them.
Our body has an important system, namely the endocannabinoid system, which plays an important role in neuroprotection, and inflammation. Our body is capable of creating our own cannabinoid receptors; these receptors are namely CB1 and CB2. CB1 is present within our eye’s ocular tissue. This tissue is responsible for managing the intraocular pressure.
The industrial hemp-derived cannabinoid medication has the ability of lowing IOP and protects the retinal cells.
CBD benefits for Glaucoma
- As per the studies showed, CBD has valuable medical properties which may prove to be helpful for treating glaucoma.
- CBD may have anti-inflammatory properties that can provide relief to the sufferers from many symptoms of this condition.
- The reason why the term CBD appears while you are searching for glaucoma treatment is because of its anti-nausea and analgesic properties.
- CBD is a natural way that may also help sufferers to even avoid the surgeries.
Studies on CBD for Glaucoma
Researchers at the Indian University started to begin the research on this disease. They decided to do research on the effects of THC and CBD and see which cannabinoids have a greater effect on the eye.
They used mice for this experiment and applied the formulation of THC and CBD. It was easily able to activate one eye pressure by regulating cannabinoid receptors. These receptors regulate eye pressure through THC cannabinoids.
When the researches treated mice using CBD, the CB1 receptor became the reason to bring the eye pressure down.
Approachable methods for using CBD Oil and Glaucoma
There are numerous methods available for using this medication. However, when it comes to the usage of this medication for glaucoma, the challenge is that consuming methods are less. CBD oil is the base of all the ingesting methods.
You need not worry about psychoactive effect while using the industrial hemp-derived cannabidiol.
The legality of CBD for Glaucoma
This is a puzzling question to reply. The legality of the product solely depends on the state where you live and the inside content. The industrial hemp-derived CBD is legal in the United States, as it contains a high concentration of CBD and a very less concentration of THC.
Dosage Of CBD Oil for Glaucoma
But the best recommendation is to begin from a little drop and then gradually increase the drop if there is no benefit. Before, starting your regular dosage, kindly consult with your physicians and medical practitioner and know your optimal CBD eye drops for glaucoma. Know about the good and bad effects also.
Conclusion About CBD for Glaucoma
Glaucoma can cause harm to the eye. So, it’s necessary that you must take the right treatment if you’re having this disease. But as we mentioned above, this disorder has no cure, the treatment you undergo is only for managing the symptoms.
We hope you are clear about the topics covered in this article about the traditional treatment, and the natural treatment for improvement in the overall quality of life.
We also hope that this article provides you with the entire thing that you want to know about CBD for this disease and why it’s for this disease.
If you are willing to give a try on this nutrition supplement, then you can get the products from the Goto leaf online portal. This portal has got many positive reviews for its high-quality product. The products here are 100% organic, 100% natural, pure hemp-derived, and much more.
**The statements given in this are not from any medical expert. These are strictly based on our researches. The product is not for diagnosing, curing, treating, or preventing any health ailments. Before ingesting it, consulting a doctor would be an excellent decision. **