8 mins read; Research Time: 96 hours
Sleep is a fundamental part of ideal health. If you are not getting a good amount of health, it is definitely not possible to be healthy. In this fast-paced world where everyone is participating in the rat race, it is quite impossible to take care of your health.
Out of all the other alternatives, there are some recent highlights and curiosities about how CBD Oil for Insomnia is helpful.
To know how and why!! Read below.
Insomnia refers to be a general sleep disorder. People suffering from this disorder find difficulty in staying or falling asleep, struggle to snooze and wake up early.
Insomnia will affect not only your energy level and state of mind, but also your overall health and quality of life.
- 1.1 Symptoms of Insomnia
- 1.2 Causes of Insomnia
- 1.3 Insomnia and aging
- 1.4 Who is at risk for insomnia?
- 1.5 Things you should avoid
- 1.6 Herbal Teas that will help in this disorder
- 2.1 Forms of CBD
- 2.2 Is legal to use CBD for Insomnia?
- 2.3 Dosage of CBD Oil for Insomnia
- 2.4 Treatment for Insomnia & Sleep Disorders
- 2.5 What Researchers Say About CBD Oil for Sleep and Insomnia
Different Types of Sleep Disorders
Adults generally may experience short-term (acute) insomnia, which can affect for about 10 days or 15days. It might be because of stress or traumatic event. There is also another type of long-term (chronic) insomnia that will last for a few months.
1. Acute: This kind of insomnia occurs due to some life events. This includes getting bad news, an issue in the workplace, an unhappy married life, etc.
2. Chronic: In this, you may find it hard to fall or stay napping for a long time. For example, you may stay or fall asleep for a week or even months or more than that.
4. Onset: This is the condition in which you feel hard to fall asleep at the beginning of the nighttime.
5. Maintenance: In this condition, you will wake up during the nighttime and struggle to get back to sleep.
Symptoms of Insomnia
If you think that you are suffering from insomnia, then talk to your physicians. To identify that you are a sufferer of this problem, examine your physical exam, medical history, and sleep pattern.
This disorder has several symptoms. In this condition, you may:
- Waking up very early
- Wake up during the midnight
- Feel tiredness during daytime
- Not able to nap at night
- Not ready to focus on tasks
- And much more.
Causes of Insomnia
Some common causes of this disorder are::
- Health conditions: Cancer, chronic pain, asthma, diabetes, etc. can cause this issue.
- Mental health diseases: This is because anxiety, as well as depression, can result in this disorder.
- Medicines: Usage of medicines which are antidepressants, medicines for blood pressure or asthma can lead to this health condition.
- Emotional discomfort: You will feel emotional imbalance if you are suffering from this disorder.
Apart from this, chronic insomnia has its own symptoms. They are:
- Improper sleep habits: Irregular schedule of bedtime, naps, etc. can cause chronic insomnia.
- Stress: Having a stressful work life, school life, health, or family life can disturb your sleep.
- Eating excess food: This means that eating too much in dinner can make you uncomfortable while lying down. So, it’s good to have light food at night.
- Work schedule: Working on an early or late shift or if your shift changes often can lead to this problem.
- Some medication: sometimes medicines for cold, allergies, depression, and asthma may interfere with the sleep.
Insomnia and aging
Insomnia and age have the interconnection with each other. Insomnia becomes common with age, because as you get older you may start experiencing these signs.
- Changes in sleep pattern: As the age increases, the internal clock often advances, so you feel sleepy early in the morning and wake up early.
- Changes in activity: You may often feel the disturbance with respect to the surroundings. You may be less socially and physically active.
- Under medication: Above the age of 55 people are under more likely to be under prescription than younger people, which may, in turn, increases the chances of insomnia.
Who is at risk for insomnia?
Apart from other people, there are a certain groups of people who may have high chances of suffering from this disorder.
- Changes in shift
- Adolescent’s students
- Pregnant women
- Women in menopause
- People who abuse drugs
Things you should avoid
A good sleeping habits can prevent you from insomnia and promote sound sleep. This disorder will mostly affect you’re the behavioral and psychological pattern, you must start implementing some natural home remedies.
There are few things that you need to take care of to prevent insomnia.
- Fix your bedtime and wake uptime
- Do the regular activity for promoting good night sleep
- Be careful about the medication
- Avoid often day naps
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol
- Avoid heavy and tight meals before bedtime
- Make your bedroom comfortable for sleep
- Take a warm bath, light music, or soft music.
Herbal Teas that will help in this disorder
For centuries, people have been using herbal teas to relax. Some of the herbs may help you feel drowsy easily.
Few of the herbs are here:
- Passion Flower
- Kava kava
- California Poppy
What made CBD for Insomnia so popular?
Sleep is an essential thing that every individual must have in their day to day life. Without a proper nap, you will feel tired and will not be able to perform your daily routine.
So, if you’re having any problem with your sleep, you must do whatever required for it. For this, you can have a talk with your doctor so that you can get the best which can easily fulfill your needs.
Though the prescribed remedies can help you, there are natural ones too.
Are you in search of those? Yes? Look below; there is what you are searching for.
CBD (Cannabidiol) is a hot topic today. It is another effective alternative to provide relief from this disorder. It may be capable of promoting relaxation and improve sleep.
Thinking why are we saying this? Then read below and know more about it.
Cannabidiol is a phytocannabinoid that is present in the cannabis plant. This cannabidiol compound act upon the receptors that are present in the endocannabinoid system that is responsible for regulating and maintaining the homeostasis of our human body and also present in the vertebrate animals. Homeostasis is to keep all systems in balance.
These receptors exist throughout the body in cell, body, tissue, and organ. The ECS is the controller of our body and helps in restoring and maintaining the other functions. It is helpful in activating the system and help in fixing the cell, rebuilding the energy level, and the overall health restoration.
CBD acts directly upon ECS in a positive way and may help in the overall recovery of good health. It may help in decreasing the symptoms of the disorder. It may have the ability to enhance the nerve synapses, improve the function of nerve, heal the cells, and bring down the inflammation.
Forms of CBD
Products that are containing CBD are widely available in the market. It is attaining momentum in the fitness and wellness world because of its therapeutic potential.
You can experience the benefit of this CBD content in various forms like:
But out of all the forms CBD products, CBD oil is in more demand. You can choose any product according to your convenience and lifestyle.
A per the researches CBD oil has a direct impact on the nervous system and immune system of our body. CBD oil extraction is from the cannabis plant and then the dilution process is with a carrier oil like coconut or hemp seed oil.
Is Legal to use CBD for Insomnia?
The cannabidiol product became the hot new product in the state. Thanks to the 2018 farm bill!! There are 50 states in the United States where CBD is legal.
CBD that is hemp-derived became legal. Industrial hemp-derived CBD product is only legal as it contains less than 0.3% THC in it. THC is a compound that will give you a high feeling.
CBD is non-intoxicating and will not generate a high feeling. There is enough evidence via various researches to come to the conclusion that CBD has therapeutic potential.
Dosage of CBD Oil for Insomnia
Note: The dosage we are giving below is only as per the customer’s feedback and from their experience.
Before trying any other medication, it is important to know the Dosage of CBD Oil for Insomnia. But when it comes to CBD it is still confusion in people’s minds.
As of now, there is no standard dosage available. But it is always better to start with a low dosage and go on increasing the dose as per your requirement. The content of the CBD may vary from product to product.
The right dosage depends on various factors like the type of your body, the tolerance level of the CBD, baring of the pain. 1500mg may be a suitable choice for this disorder.
But before switching to this medication, talk to your doctor about your health condition and know his opinion on this medication. It is also necessary to do your own research before trying some other medication.
Treatment of CBD for Insomnia and Sleep Disorders
Insomnia is a disorder that will disturb your overall health that includes mood, creativity and brain detoxification. So it is better to deal with this problem at an early stage itself.
There are various medications available for this disorder, but if you are looking for some natural treatment this would be a useful one.
Let us understand in detail why CBD Oil for Insomnia and Sleep Disorders.
1. It may have the efficiency to reduce the level of anxiety as well as depression which may help you get a proper snooze.
2. This may stimulate alertness and may lessen the sleepiness occurring during the daytime.
3. It may be capable enough to lighten the REM sleep issues in people experiencing PTSD.
4. This option may also lighten the REM behavior disorder in people who are having Parkinson’s disease.
What Researchers Say About CBD Oil for Sleep and Insomnia?
As per the preliminary research into cannabis and insomnia suggests that this natural therapy may have therapeutic potential to deal with this disorder.
CBD appears to hold benefits for a wider range of disorder, including the reduction of seizures. In a recent study, it is said that the beneficial effect of CBD helped in reducing this disorder frequency by more than 50%. CBD was shown to deal with anxiety through a dose of 300mg to 600mg in a single dose.
As per the researches happened in January issue of the Permanente journal, Colorado researchers looked at health records of 72 patients who were under CBD treatment. During this three-month anxiety level did reduce. But as of now, there are not many types of research on CBD, but the existing evidence is positive and promising.
Conclusion About CBD for Sleep and Insomnia
Insomnia disease affects not only your physical, and emotional health but also affect your mental health.
The necessary amount of sleep may vary from person to person, but most of the adults require to sleep seven to eight hours. In one line, this disorder is not a small problem. It can cause severe problems in your daily routine.
So, by reading CBD for Insomnia & Sleep Disorders, if you think that you have this issue; then take the necessary steps to get rid of it.
Either you can have prescribed medication along with natural diets or you can switch to CBD. This particular alternative may be a completely amazing medicine in treating this problem. Goto leaf has CBD products, which are 100% natural, no THC, no GMO, hemp-derived. They have got good feedback about their products.
Experience the goodness of nature with CBD!!!
**The statements given in this are not from any medical expert. These are strictly based on our researches. The product is not for diagnosing, curing, treating, or preventing any health ailments. Before ingesting it, consulting a doctor would be an excellent decision. **