Many have a doubt whether CBD will manage lupus or not. Our analysis of CBD for lupus may clear this doubt. So, why to wait for more? Click now.
What is Lupus?
Lupus is an autoimmune disease. It arises when the immune system of your body becomes hyperactive. And this, in turn, attacks the healthy organs and tissues of your body. Lupus causes inflammation which can affect your body parts such as kidneys, joints, lungs, skin, brain, blood cells and heart. To explore the effects of CBD for Lupus, you should know the symptoms, types, and causes of the Lupus.
1. Different Types of Lupus
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: This tends to be the most common form of lupus which has an impact on the entire body. It can lead to inflammation in the lungs, kidneys, heart, and much more.
- Subacute Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus: It’s the skin lesions on the body parts which are bare to the sun.
- Neonatal Lupus: This is the condition which occurs mainly to infants. And infants with this condition may have liver problems, low blood counts, and rashes in the skin.
- Discoid Lupus Erythematosus: This may have an effect only on the skin. In this, rashes appear on the scalp, face, and neck.
- Drug-induced Lupus: This occurs when you consume certain medications. It stops when you stop consuming those medicines.
2. Symptoms and Causes of Lupus
In the case of lupus, symptoms may arise all of a sudden or gradually develops. The most common symptoms of lupus are:
- Chest pain
- Loss of memory
- Joint pain
- Feeling confused
- Skin lesions which become worse with the exposure to the sun
Causes of Lupus
As we wrote in the first sentence itself that lupus arises when your immune system becomes restless. Still, in most of cases, the cause of lupus is unknown. But there are some possible things which can result in lupus. Few of them are as follows:
- Medicines: Several medications such as antibiotics, blood pressure medicines, and anti-seizure medicines may result in lupus.
- Sunlight: This health disorder may also cause if you’re exposed to sunlight.
- Age: It can affect the folks of all the age groups, but it mostly appears in the people of the age group 15 to 45.
- Gender: Lupus is commonly found in women as compared to men.
3. Treatment for Lupus
Lupus has no cure. Treatment can only deal with its symptoms. But when it comes to the treatment part, doctors suggest only depending on what symptoms you have. This is because every individual with lupus may not have the same symptoms.
Nowadays, you can reach out to many medicines easily. But if you don’t want these prescribed medicines, then the situation is different. In those situations, opting for the natural way may give you satisfaction. Cannabidiol (CBD) is one such which may make you happy.
4. Why CBD for Lupus
CBD is not meant for curing lupus but it may manage the symptoms.
- Its anti-inflammatory properties may help to reduce the inflammation which can result in lupus.
- It may be an effective way for the patients to manage and reduce the pain with its pain relieving properties.
- This alternative option may be safer than other medicines.
- This herbal remedy may also reduce the depression as well as anxiety level in lupus sufferers.
5. Conclusion About CBD For Lupus
As we mentioned above, lupus tends to be an autoimmune disease which can cause harm to different parts of the body. This includes joints, skin, kidney, heart, brain cells, etc. So, if you or any of your close ones are suffering from this, then appropriate treatment is essential. In this case, making use of CBD for lupus may be a viable choice for you due to its useful therapeutic properties.