CBD for Migraine
What is Migraine?
Migraines are a kind of headache which is painful, severe, and recurring. Usually, it occurs on one side of the head. Sometimes it lasts for hours but sometimes it even lasts for days. Discover the symptoms, types, and causes of the migraine and earn the knowledge on CBD for Migraine to tackle pain.
1. Different Types of Migraines
- Migraine with aura: Patients suffering from migraine with aura tend to see the things which actually are not there.
- Migraine without aura: This category of migraine will not produce any symptoms. Migraine occurring without disturbing the sensory may lead to an attack.
- Abdominal migraine: This migraine can cause ache in your belly. And, as a result, you may suffer from cramps, nausea and repeatedly vomiting.
- Hemiplegic migraine: In this, patients experience a temporary weakness mainly on one side of the body. Familial and sporadic are the two types of hemiplegic migraine.
- Chronic migraine: This form of migraines lasts for a minimum of 15 days in a month.
- Migraine with brainstem aura: In this type of migraine, people face symptoms like sensory, visual, language or speech.
- Menstrual migraine: Normally, it occurs before 2 days and the first 3 days of your menses.
2. Symptoms and Causes of Migraines
Migraine symptoms can appear prior to, during or after a headache. Here are some of them.
- Loss of eyesight
- Feeling sick
- Struggle to perform the daily activities
- Pain while doing any physical activity
- Any uncontrollable physical movements or jerks
And much more.
Now, what is the reason behind migraines? Here are the causes of migraines.
- Medicinal drugs
- Changes in hormones
- Emotional stress
3. Treatment for Migraines
As of now, migraine doesn’t have any cure. You can undergo many forms of medications for this. But remember that medications can only manage its symptoms. But these medications may have certain drawbacks. So, opting natural medications can be a wise option. CBD is one such medication which is natural. Read on to explore.
4. Why CBD For Migraine
CBD interacts with the cannabinoid receptors (CB1 and CB2) in the brain as well as the nervous system. Along with this, there are certain properties that CBD has which may help people to manage the symptoms. Some of them are:
- Pain relief properties
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Antiemetic (prevent nausea and vomiting) properties
- As per the researches, CBD has neuroprotective properties too which may also become worthy enough to get relief from a migraine.
- In addition to this, CBD doesn’t make the user high or addictive as it a non-addictive medication.
5. Conclusion on CBD for Migraine
- In general, most of the migraine patients may search for medications which don’t have any kind of side effects.
- CBD for Migraine may prove to be a remarkable alternative in order to handle or control the symptoms of migraine.
- But before having it, ask your doctor first. It would be good if you are undergoing any sort of prescribed medications either to get relief from migraines or any other condition.