7 mins read; Research Time: 96 hours
As the heading suggests, here we’ll be discussing the usage of CBD for nausea. However, along with that, you’ll find other treatment options as well.
What is Nausea?
Nausea is not an illness but is a symptom of several health conditions, which often accompanies vomiting. It occurs due to viral gastroenteritis or due to the morning sickness happening during the early stage of pregnancy. Not only these but also has many other causes, which you’ll come to know while reading this article.
- 2.1 Can CBD Alleviate This Problem?
- 2.2 How CBD Works on This Condition
- 2.3 Does CBD Oil for Nausea Really Helps
- 2.4 Research Shows CBD Oil May Work for This Illness
- 2.5 Legal Status of CBD for Nausea and Vomiting
- 2.6 Intake Method of Cannabidiol
- 2.7 CBD Dosage for This Illness
- 2.8 How to Use CBD for Nausea
Causes of Nausea
The cause behind this depends on the time it occurs. For example, if it arises soon after you ate something, then it’s due to food poisoning, overeating, etc.
Normally, this causes due to the problem in any of these three areas- Brain and spinal fluid, problems in inner-ear and pelvic and abdominal organs.
Have a closer look at it.
1. Brain and Spinal Fluid: In this, the symptoms are:
2. Problems in the Inner Ear: For this, the condition is motion illness. It includes sea, car, and train sickness, feeling woozy after rides, etc.
3. Pelvic and Abdominal Organs: The abdominal/pelvic disorders, which have nausea as its symptoms, are:
- Kidney disease
- Gallbladder disease
- Irritation in the stomach
Along with these, there are certain psychological factors as well, which can cause or develop this condition in you.
- If you’re a medical student, then you might experience this when you see an autopsy for the first time.
- You may also have a tendency of getting nausea and even vomiting when you witness someone else vomiting.
- If the level of anxiety and depression is extreme in you, then you may possibly suffer this.
Besides this, cancer patients can also suffer from this condition because of their treatments, such as chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
Curative Options for This Condition
Medicines for treating this health condition are antiemetics. Along with conventional medicines, some natural remedies are also there, which can manage nausea significantly.
To treat this health issue, many over-the-counter antiemetics are there, which do not require even prescription.
Here are two of them:
This medicine can slow down the ability of the inner ear to sense motion and can relieve nausea symptoms occurring due to motion illness.
Dimenhydrinate and meclizine hydrochloride can work best if you consume them beforehand. For example; before you get into the car, before you start your trip, etc.
These medicines may have side effects such as dry mouth, drowsiness, or dry eyes.
2. Bismuth Subsalicylate
This medicine may be useful for stomach upset, diarrhea, gastroenteritis, as well as nausea.
On the other hand, avoid this medicine if you’re allergic to aspirin or any other salicylate medicines. This medication is also not right for children below 12 years of age. In addition to this, adolescents of the age group 12 to 18 who are suffering from flu or chickenpox should not intake this medicine.
Natural Methods to Get Rid of This Health Problem
Several spices can cure this problem. Here we’re describing three among them, which has some scientific support.
- Cinnamon: Eating this spice may ease the severity of this problem that women face during menstruation.
- Fennel Powder: This could lessen the symptoms of menstruation, which include nausea.
- Extracts of Cumin: These extracts might help ease some symptoms like nausea; diarrhea, abdominal pain, and constipation in people who have IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome).
2. Eat Ginger
Ginger is a famous remedy for treating nausea.
In fact, several studies suggest that ginger is an effective option for lessening this condition during pregnancy as well as after chemotherapy.
In addition to this, some studies also state that this remedy can be as effective as certain prescription medicines.
3. Lemon Slice
Citrusy smell of a freshly sliced lemon can help pregnant women to reduce nausea.
To confirm this, a 4-day study was undergone, and in that study, around 100 pregnant women were instructed to breathe in either almond or lemon essential oil as soon as they feel nausea.
After the study, it is found that women who were in the lemon group reported that they feel significant relief from their condition.
Thus, slicing a lemon or scratching lemon peel could work similarly as it helps to discharge essential oils into the air.
4. Muscle Relaxation
Relaxing your muscles can help alleviate this health problem.
PMR (Progressive Muscle Relaxation) is one method to provide relaxation to your muscles. According to a recent review, it’s an efficient way to ease the severity of this condition occurring in cancer patients due to chemotherapy.
Along with this, massaging is another way to ease muscle tension.
When you’re breathing, if you take slow and deep breaths, then it can help combat this health issue.
In a study, researchers asked the contestants to breathe in slowly via the nose and exhale via mouth for three times, while they are under the influence of several aromas.
After this, all the contestants reported a significant decrease in their condition. This is the reason why researchers believe that control in breathing may provide relief to nausea patients.
6. Acupressure or Acupuncture
Acupressure and acupuncture, both are the techniques that come under the traditional Chinese medications to cure nausea as well as vomiting.
Both these methods stimulate the nerve fibers that transmit signals to your spinal cord as well as the brain. As per the experts, these are the signals, which may have the ability to lessen this problem.
According to studies, both the techniques are effective like other anti-nausea medicines, with almost no side effects.
7. Vitamin B6 Supplement
Recommending vitamin B6 supplement for pregnant women as an alternative medicine to avoid anti-nausea medicines is increasing day by day.
As per the studies, pyridoxine, a vitamin B6 supplement is good for lessening this condition during pregnancy. This is the reason why several medical professionals suggest taking vitamin B6 supplements as a first-line therapeutic option for the mild stage of nausea during pregnancy.
Thus, vitamin B6 tends to be a safe and potent alternative to other medications available for this health issue.
While discussing natural ways, we want to let you know about Cannabidiol (CBD), one of the natural supplements, which is becoming popular as the day goes on.
Can CBD Alleviate This Problem?
CBD may alleviate this condition, which occurs as a side effect of cancer treatments.
One research looked at the effects of THC and CBD in 177 folks who didn’t experience any relief from their cancer-related pains with the usage of pain medications.
According to that research, people who consumed the extracts of both the compounds feels a great relief from their chronic pain as compared to those who consumed only the THC extracts.
Thus, it is clear that CBD could control nausea, which is chemotherapy-induced.
How CBD Works on This Condition
There is a research paper published by the British Journal of Pharmacology, which explains how cannabidiol controls nausea.
It explains that CBD is a non-psychotropic compound present in cannabis, which attenuates this health problem via the indirect agonism of 5-HT(1A) somatodendritic autoreceptors present in the dorsal raphe nucleus.
This sentence may be understandable for experts, but it’s quite difficult for an average reader to understand this statement.
Cannabidiol triggers the 5-hydroxytryptamine-1A, which lightens the feeling of this health problem. Not only this much but can also modulate the flow of serotonin to lessen the stimulation of the vomiting center in the brain.
Thus, it is evident from the above statements that how CBD works to fight against this issue.
Does CBD Oil for Nausea Really Helps
If you check the anecdotal reports, then you may find that CBD may be very effective in lessening nausea arising in cancer as well as HIV/AIDS patients.
Many types of research are on the process for this. Here are conclusions of some researches:
- A 2002 study concluded that this component might have therapeutic value in treating chemotherapy-induced nausea.
- In a 2011 study, it points out that because of the antiemetic effects of this component, it may be a useful option for treating this condition.
- According to an article in the European Journal of pharmacology in 2014, this cannabinoid can prevent or limit this health problem happening due to several reasons.
Thus, it is clear that the Best CBD Oil (one of the CBD-infused products) could help treat this condition in a positive way.
Research Shows CBD Oil May Work for This Illness
As per some recent studies, it is clear that cannabis might have an important role in managing this sickness.
Health organizations of Canada, America, Australia, and the British have undergone a study regarding the treatment of nausea and vomiting using cannabis oil. After the study, they said that this might provide positive results to the patients.
British Pharmacological Society presented evidence showing that cannabinoids could benefit humans as well as animals in regulating this illness.
Experiments suggest that CBD can control this issue by influencing the serotonin receptors and by lessening the serotonin release.
CBD Dosage for This Illness
** Disclaimer: Quantity or products mentioned here is not advice from any doctor. An advice of a doctor is necessary before consuming it. **
How to Use CBD for Nausea
You can use CBD as per your convenience. If you are going to use the Pure CBD oil, then you can mix it with recipes as well as beverages.
Apart from this, its common intake method is administering it under the tongue so that it can absorb quickly.
Along with these, there are some additional tips as well.
Here it goes.
Other Essential Tips to Ease This Health Problem
- Avoid Heavy Meals: If you’re suffering from this issue, then avoiding heavy meals and opting for smaller and more frequent meals could alleviate your symptoms
- Exercise: Yoga, as well as aerobic exercise, might be helpful for some people to get relief from this health condition.
- Stay Hydrated: Always stay hydrated as dehydration can worsen this condition.
- Eat Protein-rich Meals: Consuming protein-rich foods can combat this problem as compared to other foods containing a high amount of carbs or fat.
- Stay Away From Iron Supplements: Pregnant women having a normal level of iron should stop consuming iron supplements during the first three months as they can worsen this condition.
- Don’t Eat Fatty or Spicy Foods: Adding rice, baked potatoes, bananas, applesauce, etc. may lighten this condition.
- Stop Drinking While Having Meals: Drinking along with meals, may make you feel fullness, which can worsen this health problem in some people.
Conclusion About CBD for Nausea and Vomiting
Nausea tends to be a symptom occurring due to various reasons. Many treatment options are there to manage this problem.
CBD may also be an effective option, but, when the term CBD comes, then there may be many misconceptions. There is sufficient scientific as well as anecdotal evidence, which shows that cannabidiol contains anti-emetic properties. This is the reason why scientists suggest that this compound may interact with the human body to alleviate this health condition.
If you’re going to intake this remedy, then always buy organic CBD as it doesn’t contain psychotic effects. You can quickly get these products from Goto Leaf.
Visit Goto Leaf for organic CBD products.
**The statements given in this are not from any medical expert. These are strictly based on our researches. The product is not for diagnosing, curing, treating, or preventing any health ailments. Before ingesting it, consulting a doctor would be an excellent decision. **