7 mins read; Research Time: 96 hours
Osteoporosis weakens the bones of sufferers and can be the reason behind chronic pain. In this current scenario, CBD is becoming a trending option in treating many ailments. It includes osteoporosis as well.
Consuming CBD for Osteoporosis can prevent bone loss and may speed up the curing process of bone formation.
What Does Osteoporosis Means?
Osteoporosis refers to a condition in which the bones become fragile and weak. Both men and women can face this health condition. However, as per the studies, a number of women experiencing this medical condition are more as compared to men.
People who suffer from osteoporosis will not have adequate bone health. Moreover, this may lead to injuries or even fractures easily.
Sign and Symptoms of Osteoporosis
To find out whether you have osteoporosis or not, you must know its symptoms. Here are its symptoms, which can make you clear that you’re having this disease.
- Bent posture
- Back pain
- Bone fracture
- Height loss
Several factors are there, which can increase the possibility of having osteoporosis in any individual.
Let’s discuss one by one.
- Race: If you’re of Asian descent or white, then the risk of this ailment in high in you.
- Size of Body Frame: Men and women with less body weight can have a high risk. It’s because they may have less bone mass according to their age.
- Gender: This disease is more common in women as compared to men.
- Age: The risk of this ailment will increase with the increase in your age.
- Family History: If any of your siblings or parent have this health problem, then the possibility of having this problem will be high in you.
- Eating Restricted Foods: Consuming certain restricted foods severely, and being underweight will result in the weakening of bones in men and women.
- Low Calcium: Calcium has a vital role in this disorder. Lack of calcium results in loss of bone density, bone loss, and even increases the possibility of fractures.
- Gastrointestinal Surgery: If you undergo any surgery to reduce your stomach size, then it can lead to this health ailment. It’s because these kinds of surgeries absorb nutrients, which includes calcium as well.
There are some health conditions, which can increase the risk of this ailment.
- Celiac Disease
- Multiple Myeloma
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Liver or Kidney Disease
Osteoporosis is common in folks who have too little or too much of some hormones in their bodies.
- Thyroid Problems: If you have a number of thyroid hormones, then it can result in bone loss. This condition occurs if your thyroid is overactive or if you intake thyroid hormone medication in an excessive amount to deal with an underactive thyroid.
- Sex Hormones: A low level of sex hormones weakens bone. The decrease of estrogen levels in women at the time of menopause increases the risk of osteoporosis in them. In the case of men, the reduction of testosterone levels increases the risk of osteoporosis. A decrease of estrogen level occurs due to breast cancer treatments in women, and the reduction of testosterone levels arises due to prostate cancer treatments in men.
- Glands: Osteoporosis is also associated with adrenal glands and overactive parathyroid.
Some habits can upsurge the possibility of this disease in people.
- Tobacco: The exact role of tobacco in developing this disease is not clear, but using tobacco can weaken bones.
- Inactive Lifestyle: People who sit for a prolonged time will have a higher chance of osteoporosis. Weight-bearing activities and exercises can improve the strength of the body.
Alcohol: Regular or excessive amounts of alcohol consumption weakens bones.
There are many treatment solutions, but it all depends on your condition. Here are some traditional as well as natural solutions for managing this condition.
This is the common medication prescribed for this health problem. Medicines that come under biophosphonates are:
- Zoledronic acid
Though these are the common prescription medicine for this ailment, it may produce some side effects. This includes abdominal pain, nausea, etc. The possibility of these side effects is less if you intake this medicine properly.
If the widely used treatment solutions for this ailments don’t work well or you’re not able to tolerate it, then your doctor may suggest the following options:
- Romosozumab – This is the latest bone-building solution to deal with osteoporosis.
- Teriparatide – This medication is the same as parathyroid hormone and stimulates the growth of new bone.
- Abaloparatide – This is another medication, which is the same as the parathyroid hormone.
Diets that can Help Manage This Health Issue
Low calcium level increases the likelihood of this health issue. When it comes to calcium, it’s always best to intake it from foods.
Here are some calcium-rich foods:
- Fish: Sardines and canned salmon with bones
- Dairy Products: Yogurt, milk, and cheese
- Enriched Foods: Orange juice, cereals, and bread
- Green Leafy Vegetables: Dried figs, turnip greens, kale, mustard greens, collard greens, and broccoli.
- Nuts: Brazil nuts and almonds.
Vitamin D refers to be a fat-soluble vitamin, which comes from food and when your body exposes to UV rays from the sun. The UV rays produce the D vitamin in your skin.
This vitamin is crucial for calcium absorption, and the primary sources of this vitamin are:
- UV Rays, as it’s probably the ideal source of D vitamin
- Egg yolk
- Fortified milk
- Fishes such as tuna fish, mackerel, and salmon
This can build bone, and other tissues and the main source of phosphorus are:
- Baked foods
- Dairy foods such as cheese, milk, and yogurt
Ensure that you include protein-rich foods in your regular diet. Some protein-rich foods are poultry, dairy, beans, cheese, meat, and seafood.
Foods That You Should avoid for This Disease
- Refined Carbohydrates and Sugar: Consuming excess amounts of sugar will result in many health issues. It can deplete minerals and vitamins, raises blood pressure, which leads to liver and heart damage. In the case of bones, a high level of blood sugar increases the urinary calcium excretion like phosphorus.
- Pro-Inflammatory Fats: Avoid consuming foods that can produce unhealthy fats. It includes vegetable oils like sunflower, canola, corn, and soy. These contain essential polyunsaturated omega 6 fatty acids. Moreover, also try to avoid chips, pastries, fries, and cookies.
- Alcohol: Heavy alcohol consumption is not suitable for your bones. Not only for bones, but it’s also not good for your overall health.
- Salt: Excess amount of salt intake can cause calcium loss via urine. Loss of calcium leads to many bone problems such as bone loss, reducing bone density, etc.
- Cola-Type Sodas: These kinds of sodas have a damaging effect on bone density. In these cases, phosphoric acid is the reason. If the intake of phosphorus is in a high amount, then it can negatively affect your health and metabolism.
- Non-Organic Veggie and Fruits: It’s a fact that veggies and fruits are good for you, but several pesticides are used to make it look good and beautiful. These pesticides have numerous harmful side effects.
Other Natural Solutions for Dealing with This Disease
When it comes to natural solutions for treating this ailment, nowadays CBD is becoming a trend. It’s coming from the natural hemp plant, which has many medicinal properties.
When CBD is the topic, many people may have various doubts regarding CBD and its products like oil, capsules, etc. This includes “is CBD good for osteoporosis, can CBD oil help osteoporosis, connection between CBD oil and osteoporosis, how to treat osteoporosis with CBD, where to buy, etc.
If you’re also one of them, then you may get your answer here.
Please have a look.
Find Out how and why it’s Believed CBD Can Help in Treating This Disease
It’s believed that this compound affects the body as it works with the endocannabinoid system. Cannabidiol CBD works with both the receptors (CB1 and CB2) present in the ECS.
As per the research, these cannabinoid receptors are present in bone tissues. Moreover, according to a medical breakthrough, CB2 receptors are present in the bone tissues, mainly in the cells that reabsorb bone and the bone-forming cells.
The receptors have a significant role in regulating bone metabolism, which, in turn, helps to retain the balance between the octoeblasts (bone-forming cells) and octeoclasts (cells that reabsorb bone). This, as a result, can ensure optimal bone health.
Severe osteoporosis results in the impairment of the balance between octeoblasts and octeoclasts. This can cause bone loss.
CBD binds on the CB2 receptors, which can increase the activity and count of octeoblasts and inhibits octeoclasts. This can help avoid the loss of bone and stimulates the formation of bone, which, as a result, can help your body to sustain its healthy bone mass. This is the reason why it’s believed that CBD can help treat this disease.
Effects of Cannabidiol and Cannabinoids on Osteoporosis – The Medical Research
Several studies are showing that CBD can be a promising option for this disease. In a study in 2007 by Bib and Zimmer, it’s found that cannabidiol can be a useful option for healing bones.
According to a recent study by French medical scientists, human bones have a higher level of endocannabinoids and ligands than brain cells.
Moreover, anandamide (a naturally developed endocannabinoid) can have an impact on the bone tissues.
As per the research, CBD can emulate anandamide, which, as a result, can positively affect bone health in osteoporosis sufferers.
What Are the Therapeutic Benefits Associated With CBD in Treating This Diseases
To treat this disease, many approved medicines are there. One among them is bisphosphonates, but this medication can have severe side effects. This includes nausea, irregular heartbeat, and esophageal inflammation. Not only this, but it can even cause bone damage to the jaw.
However, CBD can be a solution to this. As it’s coming from a plant, it may not cause any addiction or adverse side effects. Though it’s a component of the cannabis plant, it will not create a psychic impact on you.
Several studies are showing that this remedy can mitigate the progression, onset, and devastation caused by this ailment.
How to Intake CBD for This Health Ailment
Here are some ways to take this remedy regularly:
- CBD Gummies: Consuming gummies can be a tasty option as it comes in various flavors.
- CBD Oil Drops: To undergo this method, you have to place the oil drops underneath your tongue. In this case, CBD starts absorbing into the bloodstream by breaking down the CBD oil for digestion. Thus, using Best CBD oil for osteoporosis could be a suitable choice for many sufferers.
- CBD Capsules: This can be a perfect option for people who don’t like the taste of the oil. Moreover, this can also be the easiest way to continue a stable dosage.
CBD Dose for Osteoporosis
There is no optimal dosage for all when it comes to this medicine. Though it has no optimal CBD dose for osteoporosis, many reputed sellers are providing some dosage levels for their products.
However, start small and if required, increase the dose slowly until you get your preferred outcome.
**Disclaimer: Given Mg values are the suggestions from our customers. Do not forget to consult the doctor before using it. **
Conclusion about CBD Oil for Osteoporosis
Osteoporosis can hugely affect your life. Though there are traditional treatments and diets that can help manage this disease, research suggests that CBD can also be a treatment option for this.
There are several clinical researches, which suggests that this remedy could benefit osteoporosis patients positively.
Thus, if you want to intake this, buy it from a reputable source like Goto Leaf. We have several CBD products, which are Non-GMO, organic, THC-free, and lab-tested and are FDA-registered manufacturers.
**The statements given in this are not from any medical expert. These are strictly based on our researches. The product is not for diagnosing, curing, treating, or preventing any health ailments. Before ingesting it, consulting a doctor would be an excellent decision. **