7 mins read; Research Time: 96 hours
The origin of pancreatic cancer begins in the tissue of the pancreas. This disease spreads easily to the other nearby organs of your body.
This is a severe problem that can affect the other organs of the body. It is necessary to find some right therapy that can heal this problem. Here we gonna talk about medication that may help you treat this disorder.
With our writings on CBD for pancreatic cancer, you’ll get almost all the information you need regarding CBD & pancreatic cancer. Read and acquire more knowledge.
Overview of pancreatic cancer
Pancreatic cancer arises when the growth of unnecessary cells begins in the pancreas. It is an organ that contains glands for creating pancreatic juice, hormones, and insulin.
This kind of cancer spreads quickly to close organs. And often don’t show any symptoms till the last stage. Before learning the ways available to tackle the pain using CBD for Pancreatic Cancer, it is necessary to know about the symptoms and causes of Pancreatic Cancer.
The two types of pancreatic cancer
Cancer can affect either the endocrine or the exocrine glands of the pancreas.
Let us discuss both the types of cancer.
- Exocrine Pancreatic Cancer: This one is the most common type of pancreatic cancer. Acinar cell carcinoma, Giant cell carcinoma, Ampullary cancer, Adenosquamous carcinoma, etc. are the tumors affecting the exocrine functions.
- Endocrine Pancreatic Cancer: In this, the neuroendocrine tumors affect the endocrine functions in the pancreas. These are not common. Glucagonomas (glucagon), somatostatinomas (somatostatin), insulinomas (insulin), etc. are the name of hormone-producing cells from where cancer begins.
Know about the stages of pancreatic cancer
After diagnosing that you are suffering from this disease, the doctor will assess the stages of the disease.
The stage depends on various factors:
- The size of the primary tumor
- How far the disease has spread to close parts
- Whether cancer has spread to the other organs or not.
The stage range from 0- IV.
Stage 0: There are cancerous cells in the pancreatic duct cell.
Stage IV: The infectious cells spreading to distant areas throughout the body.
Signs and symptoms of this disease
This disorder is often a silent killer. It does not show any effect until it gets severe. But once cancer develops, it shows some symptoms.
- Pain in the lower back
- Loss of appetite
- Blood clots
- Muscle spasms
But if the disease spreads, then you may face certain other signs of the advanced stage.
When cancer grows, other possible signs can be:
- Pain in the upper abdomen
- Frequent Jaundice
- Nausea and vomiting
- Significant loss of weight
- Grey fatty stools
Identify the source of this disease
This form of cancer arises when there is a growth of unusual cells in the pancreas. But even experts don’t know why these kinds of cells grow in the pancreas.
Yet, there are some factors that can amplify the risk of this condition. They are:
- Genetic: There are a few genetic disorders that may cause this cancer. It includes the melanoma, pancreatitis, hereditary breast disorder, etc.
- Environmental: Exposure to pesticides, venomous chemicals, and dyes can damage your cells. This can affect the functioning capability.
- Medicine: Scientists found that there are some diseases that have a relation with this health condition. The diseases are Cirrhosis, chronic pancreatitis, a stomach infection, and much more.
- Lifestyle: Lack of adequate exercise, overweight, high level of alcohol consumption, and smoking can make you suffer this condition.
Important risk factors that you must be aware off
Scientists are still trying to find out the reason behind the exact unnecessary cell growth happening in the pancreas.
There are certain factors that may increase your risk, which includes:
As per the doctor, the combination of certain things that can increase your risk of pancreatic cancer pain are smoking, diabetes, and poor diet.
Diagnosis of pancreatic cancer
If the doctor suspects that he or she may be suffering from this disease, then the doctor will have to perform the following test. A doctor will ask about certain symptoms, look into family history, and other background tests.
- Techniques and Tools: There is a certain test that helps in diagnosing this disorder that includes ultrasound, CT scan, MRI, and PET scan.
- Ultrasound Pictures: This helps in getting images of our abdomen. This device gets through our esophagus tube and then enters the stomach.
- Biopsy: This procedure is for removing a sample tissue from our body and do the examination under the microscope.
- Blood test: The doctor may ask you to do your blood test for specific protein identification.
Healing options available for this disorder
Healing options depends on certain factors such as the stages, types, current health condition, and locations of the cancers.
Some of the common healing options are surgery, chemotherapy, radiation.
The actual aim of the treatment is to remove the cancer cell and give relief from the painful symptoms that patients are suffering from.
If these traditional methods are not working, then the other option could be surgery.
- Surgery of tumors in the pancreatic head.
- Surgery of tumors in the pancreatic body and tail
- Surgery to remove the entire pancreas
- Surgery for treating blood vessels near a tumor
Precautions that need to take
Undergoing cancer treatments is not an easy task. So, it is better to take prevention steps to stay away from this disease.
- Stop smoking: If you have an addiction to smoke, then try not to smoke. If you are not able to stop addiction, then get help from doctor and nicotine therapy.
- Maintaining a healthy weight: If you have excess weight, then it is important to control your weight. The combination of regular exercise and a healthy diet may help in the maintenance of healthy weight.
- Stick to a healthy diet: A diet of healthy vegetables and fruit may help you to reduce the risk of cancer.
Natural therapy for this disease
Treatments that are well-known for curing this cancer are radiation, chemotherapy, and surgery. But when the time arises to undergo treatment, some people may choose medicines that can cure their condition naturally.
Thus, we’re going to mention here about natural medicine which may meet their needs. And that is Cannabidiol (CBD). This medicine may be the best, but it won’t heal the disease. Now you may think why to use CBD for Pancreatic Cancer? Read to know more.
Let’s start with the basics.
What is CBD exactly?
CBD cannabidiol is one of the main cannabinoids of cannabis plants. And the second most widely studied is the THC component. Tetrahydrocannabinol THC is the plant cannabinoid with a similar chemical structure. But both the THC and CBD has completely opposite psychological effects.
The chief characteristic of cannabidiol is that it is non-intoxicating. CBD will not make you high as the THC does. CBD may help to neutralize the effect of the higher dose THC.
This information about CBD, takes us directly to the next question, that how it works with the body.
The first thing about CBD is to understand how it interacts with the receptors of our body. The main receptors of the endocannabinoid system are CB1 and CB2. CBD may interact with the receptors that are present throughout the body for treating this disorder.
Benefits of CBD oil for Pancreatic Cancer
When we say there is a medication available for this disease, then the next question people ask is, does natural therapy, CBD oil cures pancreatic cancer? Clearly stating no, this medication may help in treating only the symptoms.
- According to various studies, CBD supplement it may provide a promising outcome as an anti-cancer agent.
- It may ease the side effects (vomiting, diarrhea, and nausea) of chemotherapy (a cancer treatment).
- This remedy may control the pain of cancer patients.
- And also may stimulate the appetite in sufferers.
- It may also act as an anti-depressant and improve the quality of life.
Studies on Cannabidiol CBD
A new study happened to notice the impact of CBD on mice suffering from this disease also receiving the common chemotherapy drug, namely Gemcitabine.
The mice were given treatment with this drug combination survived for 56 days. And the mice who left untreated survived only for 20 days, while the mice who received chemotherapy alone lived for 23.5 days.
As per the Oncogene journal, the mice with pancreatic cancer can survive three times longer if treated with cannabidiol and chemotherapy treatment.
There is still many research needs to happen; this is an exciting and promising study. Hopefully, there are many more future clinical trials that need to check the usage of CBD and chemotherapy will improve the survival rates for patients suffering from this disease or not.
Side Effects of CBD Oil for Pancreatic Cancer
According to various research, this alternative can be a safe option, but there are chance that some people may experience the side effects of this medication.
- Dry Mouth
- Low Blood Pressure
- Bad Appetite
Intake Method of CBD for Pancreatic Cancer
There are various methods accessible to ingest this natural remedy. It is because several CBD items are available in the market. You can comfortably choose your own method of ingesting.
The options are:
CBD oil is the base ingredient of every CBD products.
Dosage of CBD for Pancreatic Cancer
After deciding to take this medication, the next question that comes to the folk’s mind is how much CBD oil dosage for pancreatic cancer would be suitable.
The CBD dosage that you want to take may depend on the health condition you’re trying to treat. If you want to receive the best benefit of the medication, then start with a small amount and then slightly improve the dosage.
Along with a small dosage, it is important that you get from some reliable seller as they have their own dosage level.
Note: The dosage in this article are not for any kind of medical advice.
It’s legal to use CBD Oil for Pancreatic Cancer
This is a tough question to respond, as different states follow different laws when it comes to the usage of cannabidiol products.
After passing, the farm bill 2018, using industrial hemp-derived product becomes legal. That is because the industrial hemp contains below 0.3%THC in it. This clearly states that the usage of CBD product is legal, whereas medical cannabis product is illegal.
Conclusion About CBD and pancreatic cancer
This form of cancer tends to be a dangerous one. Managing it’s a hard thing as the symptoms are not visible at the early stage. It can be only seen when it reaches the advanced stage.
There are several combinational ways available for treating this disease like chemotherapy, surgery with a healthy diet. But, if you want to avoid all the painful process, then you can choose some natural approach to do that.
And CBD as medicine may help you treat if you’re under the influence of this health condition.
If you have an interest in trying this potent medication, then you can get it from the Goto leaf site. We sell only 100% natural, non-GMO products and lab-tested products.
** The statements given in this are not from any medical expert. These are strictly based on our researches. The product is not for diagnosing, curing, treating, or preventing any health ailments. Before ingesting it, consulting a doctor would be an excellent decision. **