7 mins read; Research Time: 96 hours
Pneumonia is an infection that occurs in the lung and causes inflammation. It often occurs due to bacteria, fungi, and other viruses. Sufferers of this disease can use CBD as an alternative medication. With CBD Oil for pneumonia, you may get some relief.
Are you thinking why we are talking about this medicine? If yes, then read the complete article.
Pneumonia can range from mild to severe; it can also be a life-threating ailment. So it is important to take necessary steps at the initial stages itself. This is a more common disease for young children and people above 65 years. After knowing what pneumonia is, it gets important to know its types, symptoms, and causes.
- 1.1 Symptoms and signs of pneumonia
- 1.2 Know the Causes of pneumonia
- 1.3 Risk factors in pneumonia
- 1.4 Difficulty that you may face during pneumonia
- 2.1 Conventional medications
- 2.2 Essential lifestyle changes
- 2.3 Foods to alleviate pneumonia
- 2.4 How to cure pneumonia in a natural way?
- 2.5 Know everything about CBD
- 2.6 How CBD works within the body?
- 2.7 Why CBD for Pneumonia
- 2.8 Researcher’s point of view
- 2.9 Know the legality of Cannabidiol
- 2.10 Get an idea about the intake method
- 2.11 Choose the suitable dosage
Types of Pneumonia
This health infection weaken the lung function and can lead to many other health issues. It has various types based on its causes.
- Bacterial: This type occurs due to bacterium Streptococcus pneumonia. But it can also arise due to many other bacteria.
- Viral: This develops from the respiratory syncytial virus. It doesn’t last for a long time as compared to the previous one.
- Mycoplasma: It occurs frequently in young adults as well as older people.
- Fungal: This type of pneumonia arises from valley fever.
- Hospital-acquired: It is a form that occurs mainly in people who are undergoing treatment for any other health problem. For example: getting in contact with a breathing machine or respirator.
Signs and Symptoms of pneumonia
If we say in general, then this condition occurs mostly due to the flu or a cold. The symptoms of pneumonia may range from mild to severe. The severity depends upon the medical condition, age, and the bacteria that cause this infection.
Here are other symptoms of this infection:
- Breathing issue
- Weakness and tired
- Muscle pain
- Chest pain
- Confusion(normally in older adults)
Infants might show some mild signs like vomiting, cough, etc.
Know the Causes of pneumonia
The Causes of pneumonia depends on the type of germ. The different types of germs that you inhale, is the reason to cause pneumonia.
- Bacterial pneumonia: It can easily affect the people of all ages, it can cause either on its own or due to the severe cold or flu.
- Viral pneumonia: It can cause a respiratory problem due to the flu virus that can be severe or mild. Bacteria can also cause viral pneumonia.
- Fungal pneumonia: The main factor to cause fungal pneumonia is fungi that may come from the air, soil, water.
Risk factors in pneumonia
This disease can affect any children but mostly appear in people above 65 years and in toddlers who are below two years.
Some of the risks include:
- Large consumption of alcohol and smoke tobacco.
- Suffering from the disease like chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder
- Have a bad immune system.
- Exposure to some pollutants
- Experience malnutrition
The Difficulty that you may face during pneumonia
There are a few difficulties that the sufferers of pneumonia may face. Some of them are here:
- Bacteria in the bloodstream: Bacteria present in the bloodstream has the ability to spread the infection throughout the body.
- Difficulty in breathing: Patient with severe pneumonia, may have trouble in inhaling oxygen.
- The accumulation of fluid: The fluid starts accumulating between the tissue that covers the lung and chest cavity.
- Lung abscess: This occurs with the formation of pus in the lung. The treatment of the abscess or ulcer is possible with the antibiotics.
Common Treatment options available for pneumonia
Treatment for this disease consists of preventing complications and healing the infections. It depends on the severity, current health condition, and age.
There are various ways available to treat this ailment like recommended drugs, home medications, and natural supplements. Effective treatment help in easing the symptoms in a few days itself. Let us have a look at each option one by one.
There are some prescribed medications available such as:
- Antibiotics: The antibiotics help in treating bacterial pneumonia. It is important to choose the right antibiotics to get rid of this ailment.
- Cough medicine: Cough medicine may just help you in dealing with the cough. It helps to remove fluids from the lungs.
- Pain relief: The medication is for treating the fever and eliminate the discomfort. The drugs that can help are aspirin, ibuprofen, and acetaminophen.
Essential lifestyle changes
There are a few tips that are available to help you recover from the symptoms and lessen the risk factors.
- Get enough rest: It is important to take enough rest until the temperature gets normal.
- Stay hydrated: Having plenty of water will help in losing the mucus collection from the lungs.
- Take prescribed medication: It is essential to complete the entire course, as per the doctor’s instruction.
- Exercise: Regular physical activity may help in lessening the negative effects of this disorder.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption: Smoke will trigger the conditions to get worse. It is dangerous to smoke if you are suffering from this ailment.
Foods to alleviate pneumonia
There is a certain food that you should add in your regular diet for managing the infection. Healthy Food helps in the maintenance of the lung and prevent from the growth of the infection.
Some of the best diets that help in respiratory problem like pneumonia include:
- Fenugreek tea: It helps in clearing the accumulation of the mucus present in the body. It may also help in reducing the temperature due to the fever.
- Astragalus: This herb helps in boosting the immune system and fight with the bacteria.
- Oregano oil: This oil consists of properties like antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal.
- Holy basil: Holy basil is popularly named as tulsi, it has antiviral and antifungal potential.
- Garlic: It has many significant health benefits like antibacterial and antiviral.
- Ginger: This may help in removing the toxin and heal the conditions.
- Echinacea: This plant is for treating the pneumonia patients, as it has antibacterial and antiviral conditions. 
- Herbal tea: This tea has health-promoting properties, ingredients to add in herbal tea are dried fruits, flowers or herbs. Herbal tea does not include green tea, oolong tea.
How to cure pneumonia in a natural way?
Pneumonia is a respiratory infection that worsens the small air sacs in one single or both the lung. The accumulation of pus or fluid starts collecting in the air sacs, which causes difficulty in breathing.
You can treat pneumonia with different methods, but one of the best ways is to treat any ailment is with the help of some natural remedies.
There is n number of natural methods available, but in this article, we are focusing on the wildly popular medicine supplement, namely CBD.
Know everything about CBD
Cannabidiol CBD is one of the chemical compounds, namely cannabinoids that are more generally exist in the cannabis plant. The cannabis plant has two most important cannabinoids present in it, namely CBD and THC.
Though there are from the same plant, the properties are different from each other. The cannabidiol does not produce euphoric or psychoactive effects whereas, THC is a cannabinoid that can cause adverse effects on the body.
After knowing what CBD is, now, it’s time to know how it works in the body.
How CBD works within the body?
The endocannabinoid system is for establishing the connection between the organ and receptors of the body. The cannabinoid receptors are present everywhere in the body. These receptors are responsible for muscle movement, immune system, and much more.
The ECS has mainly two types of receptors such as CB1 and CB2. CB1 receptors are for the central nervous system, whereas CB2 is for peripheral tissue.
The complete ECS is for controlling and functioning activities like sleep, immune system, pain, and response.
For example, when you intake CBD for some pain. The CBD oil help in stopping the body from absorbing anandamide, a compound that helps in increasing the pain.
This how the body help in limiting inflammation happening in the brain and nervous system.
Why CBD for Pneumonia
CBD is an alternative medication that may help in relieving the symptoms of pneumonia.
- It may help in treating the inflammation as it may have anti-inflammatory properties.
- It might help the patients from reducing their fatigue, which is one of the main signs of symptoms.
- It may also have anti-anxiety, anti-depressant properties.
- It does not completely cure, but it can act on the symptoms and provide relieve from getting the symptoms worse.
- Other than these benefits, this drug may also work for as an anti-nausea, analgesic, and anti-emetic agent.
Researcher’s point of view
Pneumonia is a serious health issue for children below the age of five years and adults over the age of 65 years.
As per the researchers, the prophylactic treatment with cannabidiol help in lessening the inflammation in a model of acute lung injury (ALI). The experiment happened with the mice in the subject to a model of lipopolysaccharide (LPS). CBD was administered for the mice for 6 hours after LPS-infused lung inflammation. CBD decreased leukocyte migration into the lungs, protein concentration, and the making of pro-inflammatory cytokines. Thus, as a conclusion, CBD has therapeutically potential.
Know the legality of Cannabidiol
A direct answer is yes, but there are some restrictions when it comes to the legality of cannabidiol. The legality depends on the place where you live and the amount of THC content in it.
As per the federal 2018 farm bill, industrial hemp-derived CBD products are legal in all states of the U.S. These products must contain less than 0.3%THC and do not help in producing any psychoactive effects.
Get an idea about the intake method
The usage of the Cannabidiol is increasing every day due to its therapeutic potential. The consumers are free to choose their own intake method as their convenience.
There are plenty of ways to incorporate the CBD oil for pneumonia.
CBD lotion and CBD cream: CBD-infused lotion and cream can be helpful in treating pain, inflammation, and immune-related health problems.
Choose a suitable dosage
Note: The content present in the article is only for information purposes and is not for any kind of medical advice or diagnosis.
This new medicinal product does not have any standard dosage for handling pneumonia. However, you can find your right dosage, after few intakes and improve your quality of life.
It is better to begin with a small measure. Even for severe pain, it is better to start from the small dosage. With the increase in the dosage amount, it is important to track your progress.
It is essential to treat CBD like any other medication, as it also takes some time to show the effects. But before changing to CBD, you must consult your doctor and consider the benefits and side effects of the supplement.
Conclusion for Pneumonia
Pneumonia is a curable infection as it has various healing options available. But still, it tends to be a life-threatening one. It means that if you don’t take the necessary step, it can result in your death.
So, if you think that you are suffering from any of the symptoms of this infection, then you must talk to your doctor as soon as possible.
Out of all the traditional and home remedies available, if you prefer some natural approach, then CBD may be a wise choice for you.
If you are looking for CBD products, then you can shop from the Goto leaf site. All the products available in this site are 100% natural, nil THC, lab tested, hemp-derived.
Begin the healthy way of living with the Goto leaf!!
**The statements given in this are not from any medical expert. These are strictly based on our researches. The product is not for diagnosing, curing, treating, or preventing any health ailments. Before ingesting it, consulting a doctor would be an excellent decision. **