7 mins read; Research Time: 96 hours
Psoriasis is an autoimmune disorder that can affect multiple cells rapidly on the skin. The overgrowth of cells can thicken the surface of the skin with the white scales in one particular region.
Scientists are looking for medication that can cure this disease completely. If you are looking for natural medication, then opting CBD for psoriasis may work well due to the therapeutic properties it has.
If you’re keen on knowing more facts on it, read the article completely.
Psoriasis tends to be a chronic skin condition that comes and goes often. In this, cells develop quickly on the skin surface. This disease is not curable, but you can deal with its symptoms.
There are treatments that can be your supporting hand in treating this. But if you wish to have something different from the standard ones, then you can try CBD for Psoriasis. It may help you.
Let us get into the depth of this disease and know about the types and symptoms of this disease.
Know the Different Types of Psoriasis
Knowing which kind of psoriasis you are suffering from will help your doctor to give you proper treatment.
In general, the most common type of disorders are here:
- Plaque: This form is the most common one which covers the outer layer of the skin with red and inflamed patches. Knees, elbows, and scalp are the areas where it is usually found.
- Guttate: It causes tiny pink spots that appear in arms, legs, and torso. It is common in children.
- Pustular: This type occurs more in adults. It appears as white blisters or pustules of pus, encircled by red skin.
- Inverse: This appears in people who have excess weight and in those who’ve deep skin folds. It becomes visible in the groin, armpits and under the breasts.
- Erythrodermic:This tends to be a rare and severe type that covers the large section of your body. This can be a life-threatening one.
About the Signs and Symptoms of This Disease?
Each type of psoriasis may result in showing different signs and symptoms. Here, we will look into some of the common symptoms of this disorder, such as:
- Rashes or patches of redness will grow and cover a wide range of disorders.
- Itchy and painful that has a crack
- Skin scratch that starts bleeding
- Thick and discoloration of nails
- Scaly plaques on the scalp
- Swollen and stiff joints
- Small rashes spots
- Burning or soreness
What are the Causes of This Disease?
Every disease occurs due to one or the other reason. But for this condition still, the researchers haven’t come to an exact conclusion on why it arises.
But according to the researches, there are three factors that may lead to this condition. They are the immune system, genetics, and environment.
- Immune System: This is because this particular disorder is an autoimmune disease (the condition where the body attacks itself). In this disease, T cells (white blood cells) attack the skin cells by mistake. This, in turn, can result in the production of extra skin cells.
- Genetics: If you have a family member suffering from the skin problems, then the risk of getting this disorder will be high in you.
- Environment: The environment can be one of the reasons to cause this disease. Bacteria and viruses can cause some type of infection.
What are the Risk Factors Involved in This Disease?
People of any age group can cause this disease. But there are a few factors that can also increase the risk factors of developing this disease.
Few of the risk factors are below:
- Bacterial Infection: People who have HIV can also develop this disorder.
- Stress: Stress can that affect your immune system, and can increase the chances of psoriasis.
- Obesity: Excess weight can increase the chances of causing this disease. All types of psoriasis can often increase skin Creases.
- Smoking: Smoking tobacco can increase the risk of causing psoriasis. It can play a role in the development of the disease.
- Alcohol: Drinking alcohol may trigger this disease or can worsen the condition. Certain medications, when interferes with alcohol may have severe side-effects.
- Weather: Few people have sensitive skin, that very cold or very dry weather can cause this disorder. It is essential to hydrate yourself all the time.
Treatment Options Available for This Disorder
Appropriate treatment can give relief from reducing inflammation, decrease the development of extra skin cells, and eliminate plaques.
Light therapy, topical treatments, and systemic medicines are the standard conventional treatments for this disease.
Some of the topical psoriasis options are:
Topical Corticosteroids: These drugs are for treating mild to moderate skin disorders. These topical are for sensitive areas only.
Vitamin D analogues: These synthetic are for treating your skin disorder. It usually only for effective and less irritating treatment options.
Coal tar: It can help in soothing the plaque psoriasis, itching, and redness.
Salicyclic acid: It may help in reducing swelling and remove scales, often people have scalp psoriasis.
Anti-itch agents: The product that comes under this category contains calamine, hydrocortisone, camphor, etc.
Lifestyle Changes that Help to Fight Psoriasis
Yes, you can control psoriasis symptoms by simply managing your daily routine. Here is some simple lifestyle changes that may help in easing the symptoms of this disorder.
Here are a few things:
- To manage stress
- Regular Meditate
- Do aerobic exercise
- Can have anti-depressants
- Don’t be overweight
- Avoid harsh products
- Moisturize your scalp every day
- Use good conditioner
- Protect from sun
- Choose the right makeup
About this Natural Supplement
Natural supplements like CBD is becoming a popular option to treat your disorder. This is because it has many remedial properties. And moreover, if we look into the studies on it, then it’s clear that this medicine may be a worthwhile choice to treat this particular disorder.
Cannabidiol CBD is one of the most studied cannabinoids of the cannabis plant after THC. Both cannabinoids may offer numerous health benefits.
THC has psychoactive properties that can give a euphoric feeling where CBD does not cause any such feeling. Cannabidiol does not have any severe side effects. That is why it a safe option to use.
Let us understand more about how it works with the body and how it helps in treating this disorder.
The Science behind How CBD Works with the Body
The best feature of cannabidiol is its anti-inflammatory properties and its support to the immune system. Our body has its own internal endocannabinoids system with the receptors, namely CB1 and CB2 receptor. These receptors bind with this system to make our body function properly.
When there is any disturbance in the body, our body will produce less endocannabinoid. CBD is a plant phytocannabinoids that may help in bringing the balance in the health again.
This endocannabinoid system is also part of our skin surface. By applying CBD on the skin surface it may treat the skin problems.
It can speed up the production of keratinocytes in the epithelium that leads to a reduction of scaly skin. The progress of keratinocytes, cell that can renew the epithelium by increasing the production of the new cells.
How CBD oil Helpful for Psoriasis Treatment?
There are so many alternative medications available for treating this disorder. So, instead of these options, people may think why to choose CBD for Psoriasis?
- This remedy may work with the T cells (over activity of these cells can cause this disease) and stops it from becoming overactive.
- It may cure the red, flaking skin condition and may lighten the irritation and pain.
- This substitute may also reinforce the immune system.
- It may inhibit the uncontrollable reproduction of skin cells.
- It may stop it from being severe by lightening its symptoms.
- The antifungal properties may help in dealing with the acne and other skin problem,
For e.g., if you are using CBD supplement, it directly moves to your bloodstream, activating the receptors of our body. By getting accumulated in the upper layer of skin.
Researchers on CBD and Psoriasis
In this article, we have already explained this potential treatment. Let us now understand from the researcher’s study on this because many people might ask this question that is Hemp oil good for psoriasis.
Back in 2018, the American Academy of Dermatology showed interest in doing further study on CBD and psoriasis. As per them, cannabidiol can be a sure treatment because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
A study happened in 2010, which got published in the journal called Future Medical Chemistry, stating that CBD works well in mitigating a few symptoms that are related to inflammation.
A series of studies happened to show that CBD hemp oil can suppress the functions of the immune system, can slow down the hyper-proliferation of the skin cell that could possibly improve the symptoms of this disease.
Know About the Legality Issue on CBD
When you hear about CBD, you might get some confusion about the legality in your mind.
The legality of the CBD product rest on the place you reside and the content in it. The industrial hemp-derived products are legal as the plant contains below 0.3% THC. Before buying the CBD products, ensure that it is legal in your state.
How to Intake CBD for This Ailment?
The intake method depends totally on the user. Here are some of the ways available for taking this therapy on a regular basis.
CBD Oil Drops: CBD oil is the basic item in any CBD product. There are various options available for consuming this oil orally. Either you can place it under your tongue or mix it in the food item.
CBD Capsules: This can be the best option to consume for people who don’t like to taste the oil. Moreover, in this option, your dosage will be stable.
CBD Topical: If you are experiencing any kind of a pain in your body, then topical is the best option to use. You just need to apply like any other lotion or ointment. You can use CBD salve for psoriasis or CBD shampoo for psoriasis or use CBD balm for psoriasis.
Know the Right Dosage for This Ailment
Though there is no standard dosage for this ailment; many sellers are out there to provide the right dosage for their product.
As we are also one of the sellers of this product, 50mg to 500 mg can be the right solution to get relief from this disease. Before you try this therapy, do not forget to talk to your doctor and listen to his/ her advice.
Note: The mg values in the article are as per our customer’s review. You are free to try your own mg value if you want.
Necessary Food to Take for Dealing with This Ailment
The diet plays a vital role in healing your problem from inside. Always choose probiotics, a diet that can help in supporting the metabolism, reducing the inflammation, and in building up the immune system.
Fiber-rich foods: Include fruits and vegetables that are rich in fiber.
Omega-3 fats: Eat fish as they are rich in omega-3 fats that can improve the symptoms of psoriasis.
Food that has Zinc: Zinc is essential for retaining healthy skin. Pumpkin seeds have high zinc content in it.
Food with vitamin A: It includes orange, green, and yellow vegetables in it, as it has healing properties.
Conclusion About CBD Oil for Psoriasis
Psoriasis can be an irritating issue in the outer layer of the body for some individuals, but for others it can be an autoimmune disease.
If you want to purchase CBD oil online for psoriasis instead of other conventional medication and home remedies, it is important to buy from a reliable source.
**The statements given in this are not from any medical expert. These are strictly based on our researches. The product is not for diagnosing, curing, treating, or preventing any health ailments. Before ingesting it, consulting a doctor would be an excellent decision. **