7 mins read; Research Time: 96 hours
Many medicines are accessible for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), but why to use CBD Oil for PTSD can be a question for many.
Thus, considering this, we are presenting an article on this, but here you can get to know other options as well.
What is PTSD?
PTSD is a mental health ailment that arises in people after witnessing any frightening event. However, it doesn’t indicate that whenever you witness any terrifying event, you will have PTSD. Instead, it specifies that if you feel trouble for months or even years after facing any such situation, then you might be suffering from this disorder.
- 2.1 Traditional Ways to Treat This Disorder
- 2.2 Home Remedies for Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
- 2.3 Foods That May Alleviate This Disorder to Some Extent
- 2.4 Why to Use CBD for This Ailment
- 2.5 CBD and PTSD
- 2.6 Is CBD Oil Good for PTSD?
- 2.7 Research on Using Cannabidiol for This Disorder
- 2.8 How to Use CBD for PTSD
- 2.9 Is This a Legal Supplement?
- 2.10 How to Dose CBD for This Disorder
Factors That Indicates PTSD
This disease has many symptoms, which can become a disturbance in your capability to function and in your day-to-day routine.
Here are some symptoms of this disorder:
- Fearful thoughts
- Struggle to have proper sleep
- Fail to remember the certain aspects of the event
- Feel guilty without any reason
- Not able to focus
And a few more…
Along with this, the disorder has some physical symptoms too. This includes:
- Chest pain
However, if it occurs to children under six years of age, then the symptoms include struggle in speaking, bedwetting, etc.
Causes behind This Disorder
For every individual, the cause behind this can be different. Here are some common causes of PTSD.
- Physical abuse
- Witnessing an accident
- Terrorist attacks
- Natural disaster
- Military conflict
- Personal assault
- Loss of your dear one
- Witnessing any kind of crime
The possibility of having this disorder will be high if you trigger any kind of shocking events.
Treatment Options for This Mental Health Disorder
Treatments available for this disease can help you improve the quality of your life. Psychotherapy and medications are the traditional way to treat this disease. Besides this, there are natural options as well.
Let’s discuss one by one.
Traditional Ways to Treat This Disorder
Many medications are there, which can ease the symptoms of this disease, such as:
- Prazosin: Several studies are showing that prazosin can suppress or reduce the nightmares in some folks suffering from this illness. However, before consuming this, you must speak to your doctor.
- Antidepressants: Consuming antidepressants can help ease anxiety as well as depressions. Moreover, it can also reduce sleep problems. Medicines such as sertraline and paroxetine are FDA-approved medications for PTSD.
- Anti-anxiety Medicines: These medicines can alleviate the anxiety level and the problems related to it.
There are several forms of psychotherapy, which may prove useful for adults as well as children living with this ailment.
Here are some forms of this therapy used for treating this disease:
- Exposure Therapy: This is a behavioral therapy that can help you face both memories and situations, which frighten you.
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing): This option combines the exposure therapy along with certain eye movements, which may help you face the memories of the traumatic event without any negative impact.
- Cognitive Therapy: This talk therapy helps you identify the ways of thinking that make you stuck. For example, negative thoughts about yourself and the risk of frightening things occurring again.
Home Remedies for Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
- Chamomile: Consuming chamomile tea is one of the easily accessible options for treating this disorder. For thousands of years, this tea is in use to both settle and soothe the upset nerves. This is because the natural compounds containing in this can provide a relaxing effect on your nerves and removes negative beliefs.
- Valerian: This is one of the herbal medicines, which has an important role in treating this ailment. Consuming this medicine may help to reduce nightmares, sleep problems, etc. This, in turn, can help you get a powerful sleep.
- Green Tea: PTSD is a mental health disorder, which affects the human body, including the hormonal balance as well as the immune system. This is the situation when the role of green tea comes. It’s because this tea is an efficient immune system booster and contains soothing qualities, which is effective enough to ease the mental anxiety as well as nervous distress.
- Counseling: Sharing your frightening experience with a trained counselor or with your closed ones may help you to reduce the impact of that event. Moreover, it can also provide support for your disturbed mind.
- Exercise: Regular exercise can lower the stress hormone levels, and makes it easier to calm down as well as sleep. This, in turn, can help you to avoid the thinking of the frightening event you experience.
- Social Interactions: It is quite natural that people with PTSD always keep themselves away from the world. This, in turn, can lead to depression as well as other severe symptoms of this disease. To get rid of these problems, communicating with other people as well as active engagements in social situations can be an amazing strategy.
- Aromatherapy: Several volatile compounds and essential oils play significant roles in this therapy, which can provide a calming and peaceful experience. For example, if you’re suffering from an anxiety attack, then this method can be a simple as well as an effective home remedy.
- Meditation: According to a recent study, meditating for just 20 minutes twice a day may ease the symptoms of this ailment. This study was done on many war veterans in America.
- Yoga: Yoga has the efficiency to lessen stress, improve coping mechanisms, and a lot more. It also has the capability to provide a calming effect on the nervous system.
- Skullcap: It is a medicinal plant, which is in use for many years in traditional eastern medication. Skullcap is popular as a calming and relaxation agent that can help in getting proper sleep and is an alternative option for muscle relaxers.
Foods That May Alleviate This Disorder to Some Extent
- Milk and Cheese: Milk and cheese are the dairy products, which contain a high amount of tyrosine, an amino acid. Tyrosine is effective enough to produce epinephrine, norepinephrine, and dopamine. This, as a result, can increase the level of energy and attentiveness in your body. In addition to this, milk contains a high concentration of whey protein, which is an antidote for stress.
- Walnuts: People who are lacking from fatty acids often face depressive symptoms, pessimism, as well as impulsive behavior. Thus, walnuts can be useful for those people because it contains a high level of Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Blueberries: Blueberries can control a person’s mood and aid in increasing the serotonin level in the brain. Thus, it provides relief from this disorder in an effective way.
- Green Vegetables: Deficiency of folic acid can lead to depression in women. Eating green vegetables such as kale and spinach can be useful as these contain a high amount of folic acid. Apart from these, orange, nuts, and sprouts can also prove to be useful as these are also high in folic acid.
Now, let’s move on to our topic – CBD. Here you may find how does CBD help PTSD.
Why to Use CBD for This Ailment
Actually, there is no ideal curative option for the sufferers of this disease. According to studies, the endocannabinoid system is the one, which plays a significant role in managing emotional homeostasis. Therefore, this is the one, which can have an ideal role in the treatment of this disease.
This system consists of two main receptors- CB1 and CB2. These receptors are an integral part of humans as well as animals and are only for accepting cannabinoids, mainly THC and CBD. Both the cannabinoids are from the same cannabis plant, but still, they have some difference.
As per the research, cannabinoids present in CBD may have the ability to work with the receptors to prevent the constant retrieval of frightening events and may ease the anxiety related to it.
CBD and PTSD
Cannabidiol may provide all the medical benefits of industrial hemp plants without any side effects.
This compound may help the patients of this ailment in managing the symptoms, including avoidance, hyperarousal, and re-experiencing the traumatic events. It can turn out to be a substitute for conventional psychotherapy and medications available for this disorder.
It may treat the irregular pattern of sleeping, emotional regulation, nightmares, stress tolerance, and social anxieties.
As compared to other therapeutic options, CBD can manage a wide array of PTSD symptoms. It includes reducing depression, flashbacks, anxiety, as well as combat insomnia.
Is CBD Oil Good for PTSD?
CBD oil can be effective for treating a wide range of health issues, which includes mental health problems such as panic attacks, anxiety disorder, and PTSD. This oil can’t cure PTSD but can eliminate the symptoms of it.
Most of the doctors recommend traditional medications for this ailment, but this doesn’t suit some people. Normally, people neither prefer taking medications for the long term nor want to face any side effects, which sometimes occurs due to traditional medicines.
For them, using CBD oil for PTSD may be useful as it’s a natural option without any adverse effects.
Research on Using Cannabidiol for This Disorder
As per the evidence based on a study by the Washington State University, smoking high strains of CBD may have the potential to ease anxiety as well as stress.
In recent studies, it is found that cannabidiol can be a safe supplement for treating this ailment, but still more researches are essential to confirm it as a curative option for this disorder.
Side Effects Associated with the Usage of Cannabidiol to treat this Disease
In general, CBD is a safe option, but there are possibilities that some people may experience certain side effects. It includes drowsiness, dry mouth, diarrhea, nausea, and change of appetite.
How to Use CBD for PTSD
Multiple ways are there to intake cannabidiol oil for treating this ailment. Many folks prefer to vape through a vaping device. It’s the same device that most of the people make use to quit smoking.
Is This a Legal Supplement?
CBD hemp oil coming out from the extraction of industrial hemp is legal all over the U.S. This is because it contains less than 0.3% THC. Where else marijuana is illegal to use.
How to Dose CBD for This Disorder
Every individual is different, and thus, the reaction of cannabidiol to every individual will also differ. CBD oil dosage for PTSD may vary according to the percentage of cannabidiol oil you make use of.
When it comes to dosage, most of the people think on how many mg of CBD for PTSD is perfect. According to our clients, our CBD Hemp Oil – Herbal Drops – Full Spectrum Blend coming in 1500mg/30ml can be a solution for anxiety, sleep, lethargy, and stress.
**Disclaimer: Quantity made available on this page depends on the experiences from our users. Thus, speak to a medical expert before consuming it. **
Conclusion About CBD for PTSD
PTSD is a serious disorder that most of the people are facing, due to which they lack their quality of life.
Therefore, treatments are an essential factor for all the sufferers of this disorder.
Here we have jotted down numerous options for treating this, including CBD.
The role of this remedy comes only if you don’t want to undergo conventional treatments. It can help empower the endocannabinoid system of the body and promote better nap, avoid terrifying memories, and develop a physical as well as emotional strength to overcome the symptoms of this disease easily. This, in turn, can enhance the patients’ quality of life.
Now, if you want this remedy, then you can easily get it from Goto Leaf. Visit now!
**The statements given in this are not from any medical expert. These are strictly based on our researches. The product is not for diagnosing, curing, treating, or preventing any health ailments. Before ingesting it, consulting a doctor would be an excellent decision. **