Here we’re providing you with full-fledged information on CBD for sciatica, so that, you can get to know every aspect on CBD & sciatica. Read on.
What is Sciatica?
Sciatica is a condition which occurs due to the problem in the sciatic nerve. It affects only one side of the human body. Pain occurring due to this disorder can be severe. To explore the effects of CBD for Sciatica, you should know the symptoms and causes of the sciatica.
But most of the time; it resolves with the treatments which are non-operative.
1. Symptoms and Causes of Sciatica
Common signs of this health condition are:
- Difficulty in moving the foot or leg
- Pain in the hip
- Low back pain
- Struggle to stand up due to the shooting pain
- Rear pain
Now, what is its source? Read on the Causes of Sciatica.
This condition occurs due to the irritation in lower lumbar and lumbosacral spine roots.
Some other factors which may cause this problem are:
- Spondylolisthesis: This is a condition in which the spine gets affected. And in this condition, vertebra (a bone present in your spine) slips from the position.
- Pregnancy: This health condition can develop in women during pregnancy. This is because most of the women suffer back pain during this period.
- Lumbar spinal stenosis: Lessening of the spinal cord which is in the lower back.
There are a few factors also which can increase the risk of having this condition. They are:
- Surplus body weight: Having a body with excess weight can make you suffer from this health condition.
- Age: As you grow older, there would be some changes in the spine like bone spurs, herniated disks, etc. These changes can result in sciatica.
- Sitting for a long time: This condition is more likely to be developing in those people who sit for a long time.
- Diabetes: Risk of having sciatica is high in people who are having diabetes.
2. Treatment for Sciatica
Treatment for this depends on the severity of pain you’re experiencing due to this condition. Doctors can prescribe you a perfect option after analyzing your condition. They prescribe medicine with properties such as anti-seizure, anti-inflammatory, anti-depressant, etc.
These options may provide relief for sciatica, but it may have certain side effects. And this may be the reason why some people opt for natural options. There are varieties of natural options which can be a cure for this. One of those is Cannabidiol (CBD).
It cannot cure this condition then Why CBD for Sciatica?
The answer is:
- It may alleviate nociceptive as well as neuropathic pain occurring due to sciatica.
- Making use of this medication may restore the homeostasis or balance of your body.
- This alternative may manage the pain causing due to this condition with its pain-relieving properties.
- And moreover, this medicine will not make you high as it’s a non-psychoactive medicine.
So, trying this instead of other medicines may prove as an awesome decision.
3. Final Words on CBD for Sciatica
This particular health problem needs proper treatment as it can become severe. Treating this may be an easy task now as many options are on hand. But picking a good one is not so easy.
As per the scientists, CBD for Sciatica is a natural medicine may be a wise choice for you if you’re having a particular health condition. More researches are on its way.