7 mins read; Research Time: 96 hours
CBD for Sciatica
Is it effective enough to use CBD Oil for Sciatica? This is one of the questions, which may strike in your mind when you read the topic.
To find the answer to this question, read the following.
Sciatica is a condition, which occurs due to the problem in the sciatic nerve. It affects only one side of the human body. Pain occurring due to this disorder can be severe. However, most of the time; it resolves with the treatments which are non-operative.
The common symptom of this ailment is the lower back pain, which extends through the hip, buttock and then goes down to the leg. It usually has an effect on only one leg and can get worse, when you cough, sneeze or sit.
- 2.1 Natural Methods to Get Relief from Back Pain
- 2.2 Effective Remedies to Treat Sciatica Back Pain
- 2.3 How Cannabidiol Lessen the Sciatica Pain
- 2.4 CBD Oil for Sciatica Pain
- 2.5 Research on CBD and Sciatica
- 2.6 How to Use CBD for Sciatica
- 2.7 CBD Dose for Sciatica Pain
- 2.8 Does CBD Have Legal Issues
Warning Signs of Sciatica Pain
Common signs of this health condition are:
- Difficulty in moving the foot or leg
- Pain in the hip
- Lowe back pain
- Struggle to stand up due to the shooting pain
- Rear pain
Now, what is its source?
Source behind Sciatica Nerve Pain
This condition occurs due to the irritation in lower lumbar and lumbosacral spine roots.
Some other factors, which may cause this problem, are:
- Spondylolisthesis: This condition affects the spine, and the vertebra (a bone present in your spine) slips from the position.
- Pregnancy: This health condition can develop in women during pregnancy. This is because most of the women suffer chronic back pain during this period.
- Lumbar Spinal Stenosis: In this condition, the spinal cord existing in the lower back starts narrowing.
There are a few other factors also which can increase the risk of having this condition. They are:
- Surplus body weight: Having a body with excess weight can make you suffer from this health condition.
- Age: As you grow older, there would be some changes in the spine, such as bone spurs, herniated disks, etc. These changes can result in sciatica.
- Sitting for a long time: This condition is more likely to be developing in those people who sit for a long time.
- Diabetes: The risk of having sciatica is high in people who are having diabetes.
Treatment for Sciatica Nerve Pain
Treatment for this depends on the severity of the pain you’re experiencing due to this condition.
Doctors can prescribe you a perfect option after analyzing your condition. They prescribe medicine with properties such as anti-seizure, anti-inflammatory, anti-depressant, etc.
These options may provide relief for sciatica, but it may have certain side effects. This may be the reason why some people opt for natural options.
There are varieties of natural options, which can be a cure for this. One of those is Cannabidiol (CBD).
From here, you’ll get an idea of almost every option available for this disease.
Natural Methods to Get Relief from Back Pain
- Yoga and Stretching: Lengthening the pipe through yoga, stretching, or laying down may help make a good posture along with reducing inflammation, pain, as well as stiffness in an effective way. According to researches, yoga is effective and safe for people suffering from nerve pain happening due to this disease. When it comes to exercise, reclining pigeon pose that targets the piriformis muscle can help prevent inflammation occurring due to this issue.
- Heating Pads: Placing these pads on your lower back for 15 – 20 minutes daily can help you to get sciatica pain relief. You can try it when you’re at home or at your workplace.
- Chiropractor Spinal Adjustments: In a study covered in the Official Journal of the North American Spinal Society, it is given that patients who received chiropractic spinal adjustments experienced great relief as compared to other people who didn’t choose this option.
- Lessen Inflammation: Inflammation is the main problem due to which, most of the people find difficulty in healing their injuries, which in turn increases pain. Thus, to lessen inflammation and get relief from pain, avoid smoking (if you smoke), avoid unwanted drugs (if you use such drugs), eat a nutrient-dense healing diet, do regular exercise, and sleep properly for eight hours.
- Don’t Sit for a Long Time: Sitting for a prolonged time can make the condition worse. Doing light isometric exercise regularly can ease pain occurring in the legs or spine while developing the strength.
- Massage Therapy and Acupuncture: Massage therapy, as well as rolfing, are other non-surgical approaches, which can open tissues, muscles, and channels of energy inside your body. Thus, it improves the flow of blood and combats pain.
Acupuncture can help sustain better health by opening your body’s natural flow of energy. This is an FDA-approved treatment option for back pain. In addition to this, there are researches, which are supporting it as an option for alleviating all types of chronic pain, which includes sciatica, as well.
Effective Remedies to Treat Sciatica Back Pain
- Turmeric: The reason why turmeric comes in this list is the presence of curcumin in it. Curcumin contains anti-inflammatory as well as analgesic properties, which can relieve the pain arising due to this health issue.
- Garlic Milk: Garlic is a potent medicinal herb, which has several health benefits. Its anti-inflammatory effects can ease the pain as well as inflammation, which accompanies this health problem.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Mixing this vinegar with the warm saline solution can be a best pain management solution for the sufferers of this ailment. This is because apple cider vinegar has anti-inflammatory properties, whereas the warm saline solution is effective in lessening pain.
- Celery Juice: This juice can diminish both inflammation and pain as it has powerful pain-relieving as well as anti-inflammatory properties.
- Ginger: Drinking ginger tea can help cure sciatic nerve pain within the body. The analgesic and anti-inflammatory nature of this vegetable can lessen pain and inflammation that accompany this ailment.
- Fenugreek Seeds: If you are suffering from this health problem, then you can make use of these seeds. This is because it has both analgesics as well as anti-inflammatory effects.
- Aloe Vera: As per the studies, aloe vera is useful for treating this ailment as it contains extracts of ethanolic. Not only this much but also contains anti-inflammatory and soothing effects.
- Lemon Juice: This is because lemon juice contains vitamin C, which has the ability to lessen this ailment as well as its symptoms because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Minerals and Vitamins: Vitamins such as B12, C, and D may help ease inflammation and pain. Therefore, eat milk, beans, citrus fruits, cheese, nuts, and green vegetables.
- Valerian Root: This root can be useful because it has antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory effects, which can relax the muscles around the sciatic nerve and lessen inflammation and pain.
Now, it’s time to discuss CBD.
How Cannabidiol Lessen the Sciatica Pain
Nociceptive and neuropathic pain are the two types of pain arising due to sciatica. Some researches state that CBD can lessen both the pain significantly.
CBD interacts with the cannabinoid (CB1 and CB2) receptors present in your endocannabinoid system. This is the system, which is liable for communicating good as well as bad signals on the complete body.
Therefore, when CBD interact with those receptors, then the bad signals change to good signals. This, as a result, restores homeostasis in your body.
Moreover, this compound can fight several health problems, which include pain as well as inflammation. This is the reason why some researchers suggest that it can lessen sciatica pain.
CBD Oil for Sciatica Pain
Treating this pain can be an easy process because there are many options available, which can help, reduce the ache that accompanies this ailment.
Many folks include yoga, stretching, psychotherapy, etc. in their daily routine if they are in the mild stage of this problem. On the other hand, people suffering from debilitating ache choose potent painkillers to get rid of it.
There are several other cases where surgery can be the only solution.
Apart from all these, CBD oil is one non-surgical as well as natural option, which is becoming popular day by day in alleviating ache linked with this health issue.
In fact, cannabidiol oil can help the chronic sufferers in alleviating this ache.
Research on CBD and Sciatica
According to a research report in the FASEB Journal in 2016, Cannabinoids may act on inflammation in a different way as compared to other anti-inflammatory drugs. Moreover, they don’t have any adverse side effects, which are associated with certain anti-inflammatory drugs.
The mechanism of this remedy is not clear, but it may lessen the spasms and sensitivity of related pain.
There are studies showing that this natural supplement may reduce the depression occurring in the body and brain without any psychoactive effect.
According to some studies, CBD hemp oil for sciatica pain may have some beneficial effects in managing aches than other treatment options.
How to Use CBD for Sciatica
If you are using the tincture, then you place the CBD oil under your tongue, hold it for 30-60 seconds, and consume it. However, don’t overdose it from the beginning instead prefer consuming low dosage.
In the case of topical such as CBD cream for Sciatica, CBD balms, etc. you can rub it on the affected area of your body. These can provide instant relief but can last only up to two hours and not for the long term.
CBD Dose for Sciatica Pain
CBD Oil dose for sciatica nerve pain can be difficult because there are several parameters to find an effective dose. These parameters include your previous experience in using cannabidiol, your body size, type of relief you want, and other medicines you intake.
Buying these products from reputable manufacturers may be good, as they provide general guidelines for dosing their products.
As per our customer reviews, our cannabidiol product available in 2500 mg, 3500 mg, and 5000 mg may be good for your chronic inflammation, all types of arthritis, morning stiffness, and pain.
**Disclaimer: MG value given in the above lines is not the suggestion of any medical practitioner. Have a conversation with your doctor before using it. **
Does CBD Have Legal Issues
When you hear about CBD, confusion regarding its legality may strike in your mind. This confusion occurs because it is present in the same medical cannabis plant, in which the THC is also present.
Considering this, we underwent certain researches, and according to that, the legality of cannabidiol depends on its origin.
As per the Farm Bill 2014, hemp is legal across the U.S. Thus, hemp-derived CBD and its products are legal.
How to Prevent Sciatica
- Massage the affected portion to get relief from the pain associated with this ailment.
- Always bend your knee when you are lifting heavy items.
- Consume an anti-inflammatory diet, which includes fish, water, eggs, leafy vegetables, and turmeric. Along with this, also intake foods containing a high level of vitamin B12 and magnesium.
- Avoid activities that include sudden jerks or twists, which can have an effect on the spine.
Conclusion About CBD for Sciatica
Sciatica can affect anyone, but it is easy to deal with this problem, as several conventional and natural remedies are available.
If you want to opt cannabidiol instead of other, remedies for your sciatica pain, you need to be very cautious while purchasing Sciatica CBD Products. Purchase only the hemp-sourced CBD products, because as we wrote earlier, only those products are legal in the U.S. Moreover, these products are anti-psychoactive in nature.
Hence, if you want 100% organic as well as legal cannabidiol products, then come to Goto Leaf.
**The statements given in this are not from any medical expert. These are strictly based on our researches. The product is not for diagnosing, curing, treating, or preventing any health ailments. Before ingesting it, consulting a doctor would be an excellent decision. **