7 mins read; Research Time: 96 hours
The list of CBD’s potent health benefits is growing day by day. Because of this, its popularity is becoming high among the U.S. people. CBD can be beneficial for humans as well as pets like cats, dogs, etc.
Here in this blog, we’re discussing on CBD for dogs. This includes CBD benefits for dogs, CBD dosage for dogs, is it good to use CBD for managing seizures in dogs, etc.
The dog is one of the popular pets across the world. They are great and common pets for most of the people and are often famous as man’s best friend.
Owning a dog is not an easy task; you have to take care of it regularly and properly. While owning a dog, one of the toughest parts is seeing him/her in distress or pain.
If your dog has any of these ailments, then immediately opt for medications. There are many medications available, out of which CBD oil (a cannabidiol product) is one.
What is CBD Oil?
This is a substance that came from the extraction of hemp. It is well-known for its medicinal properties. Not only medicinal, but it is also popular for its non-psychoactive property. It means it doesn’t have THC.
It can help treat various health ailments ranging from anxiety to pain. This option can also reduce the frequency of seizures.
In addition to this, it can also improve the quality of sleep and can also help with other sleep problems.
Know the Other CBD Products
Several methods are there to intake cannabidiol. It includes:
In fact, CBD capsules, gummies (available in gummy bear shape) lotions, creams, etc. contain cannabidiol oil. This oil is one of the key ingredients present in all these products.
Though it is one of the main ingredients, it contains olive oil or coconut oil as well.
Now, let’s discuss cannabidiol oil for dogs.
CBD Oil for Dogs
There are two types of CBD oils for your furry friend – Full spectrum and CBD isolate oil.
Sometimes full spectrum cannabidiol hemp oil is preferred because of its entourage effect. This oil also contains other extra ingredients, which can enhance the impact of cannabidiol.
This cannabidiol hemp oil may reduce pain, anxiety, and several other health problems.
This is a natural cannabidiol which doesn’t have any extra ingredients or additives. Some people choose this option so that they can get pure cannabidiol effects.
Does This Cannabinoid Work With The Human Body?
This cannabinoid works with the human body via the endocannabinoid system. This applies to all the cannabinoids.
The endocannabinoid system is a chain of neurons, which runs all over the body. Any cannabinoid, which enters the body binds with the receptors that can produce diverse responses.
ECS is not only in the human body, but it is also present in other species. When it comes to other species, the most popular one is dogs. According to research, dogs have shown a positive response to medical marijuana.
Benefits of Cannabidiol for Dogs
- Prevent Arthritis: This compound can lessen swelling occurring in joints, which can result in arthritis in dogs.
- Lessen Anxiety: This remedy interacts with the endocannabinoid system to produce calming effects in dogs.
- Increases Appetite: It’s a fact that most of the dogs don’t like to eat during periods. In this situation, cannabidiol can be an option to increase their appetite. According to the National Cancer Institute, this remedy can increase appetite.
- Reduce the Risk of Seizures: Researches state that this cannabinoid can reduce the amount of seizures.
- Anti-Cancer: Some studies state that cannabidiol can lessen the growth of cancer-causing cells.
- Pain-Reliever: It can work well in treating pain. It includes nerve-related and neuropathic pain, the effect of inflammation on oxidative stress, inflammation occurring due to acute pancreatitis, intestinal inflammation linked with IBS (Inflammatory Bowel Syndrome), etc.
- Can Help with IBS: Some animal studies state that this cannabinoid can inhibit colitis and restore the normal gut motility in IBS.
- Cardiovascular Health: Studies show that it can balance the irregular heart rates and can protect the blood vessels from damage. It can reduce the blood pressure and heart rate connected with anxiety and stress.
- Neurodegenerative Diseases: Cannabidiol can be a promising option for degenerative issues and other nerve and spine problems. It can help people with Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease. This is because it can safeguard the brain cells from toxicity.
- Can help with Nausea: Research shows that this medication can help with nausea and vomiting.
Know How to Administer Cannabidiol Oil to Your Furry Friend
This oil may be beneficial for your furry friend, but do you know how to administer it properly.
Administering this in a proper way is essential to increase its efficiency. This can differ for every CBD product.
- Capsules: If you’re opting for capsules, then you can either include this in you dog’s treat or else you can open and mix it with your dog’s food.
- Topical Products: If you’re considering this kind of product, you have to rub it onto the dog’s skin. The more cream you use, more effective the cure may be.
- Tinctures: CBD tincture for dogs as well as humans comes in a dropper bottle. You can directly administer this under your dog’s tongue. This method can produce the effect of CBD immediately.
- Treats: Using CBD dog treats for anxiety, or other health ailments can be a good choice. You can give this to your furry friend easily in place of their regular food.
Is Cannabidiol Oil Safe for Your Dogs?
It’s a general question that all pet owners may have. As per the researches, this supplement can be a low-risk remedy for dogs.
There is a possibility that some dogs can experience side effects. The most common side effect is drowsiness. Moreover, if your dog consumes this in a high amount, then he or she may experience some side effects.
Though it can be a safe option, still it is essential for you to consult a veterinary doctor before giving this to your dog.
Along with cannabidiol hemp oil, marijuana can also have some medical benefits, researchers say.
Now you may think why to use this hemp oil for dogs instead of marijuana. To find out why, know the difference between them.
Difference between CBD Hemp Oil and Marijuana
Though both of them come from the same plant, they have some different characteristics.
Hemp – It contains trace amounts of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), but it contains CBD in high amounts.
Marijuana – It contains a high amount of THC. This can lead to a psychoactive effect on users.
Will This Product Make the Dogs Feel High?
No. Unlike THC or weed, cannabidiol will not produce any psychic sensations. This is one important reason, which makes this option special. This can treat many health issues without making your furry friend feel high.
What Dose of CBD Is Good for Dogs?
You may easily buy CBD for your pet dog, but it’s not easy to determine the prefect amount of CBD or the perfect dose of CBD.
Though this compound has lots of positives, it may have side effects. Thus, to avoid any side effects, it would be good to start slow.
Give your pet dog a small dosage first, and analyze how it works. According to this, you can raise the dosing level, if required.
Know the Risks Associated with the Overdosing of CBD Oil
Whenever you decide to use this oil, consider only non-THC one.
If in any case, your dog consumes any product with a high concentration of THC, then immediately contact a veterinarian. It’s because this can be harmful to your dog.
Apart from this, an overdose of cannabidiol oil may also produce some side effects sometimes.
- Dry mouth
Is This Alternative Legal?
Yes. It’s because they are from the derivatives of the hemp plant. Hemp can produce CBD oil, which is free from THC.
THC is the illegal phase of the cannabis plants as this can make the user high. Moreover, THC can also appear in drug tests.
Be Careful While Buying This Remedy
It is always better to be careful while buying this medication. This is because there is great inconsistency between the manufacturers when it comes to product quality.
Check the ingredients to make sure that whether it’s from the hemp derivatives or not. Moreover, you must also ensure that your chosen cannabidiol product is lab-tested. This is because all these things make the CBD products for dogs a high quality one.
As cannabidiol from the cannabis plant, then what’s the dissimilarity between cannabis and cannabidiol? Many had a misconception on this. Considering this, we are mentioning the difference between them.
Difference between Cannabis and Cannabidiol
Normally, many people don’t know the difference between these two things.
Dr. Richter explains that many people don’t understand the dissimilarity between cannabis and cannabidiol. He also clarifies that “cannabidiol is a component present in the cannabis.”
Cannabis flower can be harmful to dogs, but CBD from hemp derivatives is not like that. According to Dr. Richter, cannabidiol from the extract of hemp can be a very safe option for dogs.
Therefore, don’t use cannabis oil for dogs, as it can be harmful to them. Instead of this, use the best CBD for dogs.
Other Essential Things You Must Consider Before Opting this Compound
In addition to all the points above, there are other essential things that you must consider before buying this for your dog.
Here they are:
- Organic Options: Organic CBD oil means the hemp used in the product is organically grown. It doesn’t contain chemical pesticides and herbicides. If you don’t want to expose your dog to any potentially harmful substances, then you can consider an organic one. Before buying this, you must also ensure that the product comes from the CO2 extraction method.
- Medications: If your dog is already undergoing any prescription medication course, then before taking a decision, you should meet the veterinary doctor. This is for the reason that some medicines can interact with this oil in a negative way.
Conclusion About CBD and Dogs
CBD can come out as an amazing alternative for dogs. It can aid in treating various ailments, which the dogs are suffering.
Thus, it can improve the dog’s quality of life. We hope now you have an idea of cannabidiol and its benefits, which can help pets as well as humans.
If you want to know more, contact us.
**The statements given in this are not from any medical expert. These are strictly based on our researches. The product is not for diagnosing, curing, treating, or preventing any health ailments. Before ingesting it, consulting a doctor would be an excellent decision. **