Many people are asking a question on cannabinoid vs cannabinol. If you’re also having this question in your mind, then here is the answer for you.
Based on the detailed information given here, anyone can gain knowledge on the cannabinoid vs cannabinol. The word cannabinoid refers to every chemical compound that acts on cannabinoid receptors in the Endocannabinoid system.
- There are two major types of cannabinoids- Phytocannabinoids and Endocannabinoids.
- Endocannabinoids are cannabinoid receptors in the bodies of humans and animal organisms.
- The two major endocannabinoids are 2-AG and anandamide.
- Along with other receptors, they form the endocannabinoid system which governs pain perception, cardiovascular and gastrointestinal functions, and neurotransmitter release.
- Phytocannabinoids are the cannabinoids which are plant-based.
- In Cannabis, the main phytocannabinoids present are Delta 9-THCA, CBDA, CBGA and CBCA.
- The one most studied is Delta 9-THC; or Tetrahydrocannabinol.
- In its neutral form, it is responsible for the psychoactive effects caused by taking Cannabis.
- To paraphrase, the main difference between them is- Phytocannabinoids are found in plants and Endocannabinoids in animals and humans, and they are both responsible for key roles in the endocannabinoid system.
- CBN or Cannabinol is a mild, psychoactive cannabinoid that occurs in trace amounts in Cannabis.
- THC oxidizes when it is exposed to oxygen over time. This is when it converts to CBN
- This oxidization is why aged cannabis is more likely to have higher levels of this than fresh flowers.
- Some of the benefits which are backed up by recent researches include pain relief, anti- inflammation, appetite stimulant, anti-convulsive, sleep inducing and antibacterial properties. It also promotes the growth of bone cells.
- Taken in a small dosage, it will help you get a good night’s sleep.
- The potential side effects of CBN for uses other than sedation include the potential for intoxication.
Cannabinoid vs Cannabinol – Studies showed that taking CBN half an hour before other drugs led to a greater chance of drug interaction happening. Don’t let the potential for CBN-drug interactions deter you. Simply monitor other drugs when you take large doses of CBN.