7 mins read; Research Time: 96 hours
Going through CBD vs Pharmaceuticals comparison can help you to determine which one can manage health problems better.
Definition of CBD (cannabidiol)
Cannabidiol is one of the phytocannabinoids that is available in the resinous flower of the cannabis plant. This particular phytocannabinoid has various therapeutic benefits, which may be helpful in treating a bunch of ailments.
Before we dive directly into the therapeutic benefits of this compound, let us first understand how it works with the body.
The Cannabidiol component has the potential of interacting with the endocannabinoid system of the body. This ECS helps in regulating the normal functions of the body, such as mood, immune response, sleep, inflammation, and pain. This system has endocannabinoids (a natural chemical that is present in the body), cell receptors, and the enzymes that can break down cannabinoids.
When a person consumes CBD, it works efficiently by interacting with the ECS receptors (CB1 and CB2) that are present throughout the body.
CB1 receptors are commonly present in the brain and the central nervous system of the body. CB2 receptors are highly present in the peripheral tissues and cells of the immune system.
Cannabidiol works via receptors that can modify the signals sent to the brain, which is responsible for minimalizing unwanted pain and inflammation.
Know the CBD oil Benefits
As per some studies, cannabidiol is helpful in treating various disorders. It plays a significant role in managing the endocannabinoid system of the body. The compound interacts with the cannabinoid receptors to offer a wide range of medical benefits.
Now, let’s discuss few of the diseases one by one.
- Can improve appetite: Certain health issues can decrease one’s appetite, which may prevent the body from faster healing. CBD oil can stimulate the appetite, which as a result, can be beneficial for dealing with certain health problems.
- CBD for anxiety and depression: Cannabidiol may have the efficiency of activating the serotonin receptors. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter present in the body that helps in regulating one’s mood. This is why it’s believed that it can manage these conditions.
- Sleep Treatment: Sleep is essential for the body as it helps in healing, recovering, and flushing out the toxins. CBD oil may help in reducing stress, depression, and anxiety, which, in turn, helps people to fall asleep easily.
- CBD oil for pain: This medication can be effective for dealing with the pain. It can be a natural alternative to treat pain associated with various health issues like arthritis, cancer, etc.
- Decrease inflammation: This natural therapy may help in reducing inflammation by interacting with the neurotransmitters. The efficiency of reducing inflammation range from a reduction of acne to improve the condition of autoimmune diseases.
After looking at some of the health benefits, let us move onto see what does researcher’s say about this medication.
Know What the Researchers says about Cannabidiol
As of today, pure CBD oil is becoming a popular option for treating a wide range of disorders. As per few studies available, cannabidiol is helpful for treating both mental and physical problems. Moreover, it won’t completely cure the disease, but it can be helpful in reducing the symptoms of disorders.
However, as of today, the strongest evidence that is available regarding the efficiency of cannabidiol is for treating two types of major disorders that is Dravet and Lennox-Gastaut syndrome. These two are the rare types of epilepsy. Generally, these diseases do not show any major response to the traditional methods that are available as anti-seizures.
Let us look into some of the CBD clinical trials from the past, and get a clear idea of this natural medication.
Neurologist Elizabeth Thiele was dealing with a young patient, who was suffering from around 100 seizures a day. After trying various treatments, the patient’s family members began searching for a CBD oil, as they have heard about the promising results associated with this product.
After trying the medication for some time, the result was remarkable. By consuming cannabidiol for a week, the seizures had fallen drastically. After trying this medication for 14 weeks, there was a drop of about 44 percent whereas people who were taking a placebo saw a drop of only about 22 percent.
Myths Associated With This Medication
When it comes to this medication, there are a lot of myths and fallacies that are floating around.
- Sedative Feeling: Many people may have confusion whether the compound is sedative in nature or not. But the fact is that it has the efficiency of dealing with the problem without giving you a high feeling.
- Legality issues: There are many misinformation about the legality of the compound. After the President passed the 2018 Farm bill, hemp-derived organic CBD products became legal to use in the United States as it contains less than 0.3% THC.
- Feeling euphoric: Many folks often get confused between CBD and THC, as both the compounds come from the same cannabis family. Both components have various healing properties. Thus, for people who don’t prefer getting high, can opt for cannabidiol.
Ingesting Methods for CBD
The best thing about the CBD, apart from the medical benefits, is its standard consuming methods.
There are a wide-range of options available for ingesting cannabidiol. Some of the common methods are:
- Sublingual tincture: This is the most effective method of consuming CBD oil. In this, the user needs to place a few CBD oil drops under the tongue and wait for a few seconds before swallowing to experience the benefits of cannabidiol.
- CBD Edibles: In this ingestion option, you need to add a few drops of CBD oil to your food or drinks. Some of the available CBD-infused products are CBD syrup, CBD gummies, CBD pills, CBD capsules, or chocolates.
- Topical: This ingesting method is all about applying the product over a particular area of the skin like CBD cream, CBD salve, lotion, spray, etc. It is the easiest way to use because it doesn’t require any additional equipment. It is applicable only for the outer surface of your skin.
- Inhalation: This is one of the fastest techniques because cannabidiol enters your bloodstream through the lungs. The two methods available for inhalation are: Smoking and Vaping. For this, you need to use a vaporizer or dabber for inhalation.
How to Dose CBD Accurately?
Dosing CBD is not a simple job as there is no standard dosage available for any disorders. So, to find the right dosage, you need to follow certain methods.
- Small amount: The first step is to start from the minimum dosage, even if you have severe health issues.
- Track your health: If you are not able to experience any relief, then slightly increase your dosage, until you get some relief.
These two are the basic steps that you need to follow to find your effective CBD dosage.
In addition to this, do not forget to consult your general physician and know about the benefits and drawbacks of this medication.
After knowing everything about cannabidiol from scratch to end, let us move to our next topic of this article, which is pharmaceutical.
What is Pharmaceutical?
The pharmaceutical is an industry that is responsible for discovering, developing, and producing drugs. These drugs or medications are for treating various patients, with the aim to cure them, vaccinate them, or at least treat the symptoms of various disorders.
The general classification of pharmaceutical depends on the chemical group. Alkaloids were the first-ever pure pharmaceutical derived from the natural substance of plants. The ingredients of the alkaloids are quinine, nicotine, atropine, cocaine, and morphine.
The other classification of the pharmaceutical is from the animal origin. Insulin that is for treating diabetes is one such example for pharmaceutical of animal origin.
Antibiotic, vaccines, human blood-plasma, and steroid hormones are some of the common examples of drugs that are from natural substances.
Various Forms of Pharmaceuticals Drugs
Pharmaceutical drugs are available in various forms. Some of the common forms are liquid, semisolid, and solid.
Let us take a look at each of them.
- You can add many medicinal substances in water, alcohol, or to any other solvents for example spirits, tinctures, and elixirs.
- The next form comes under the topical category. Topical are semisolid substances that include cream, pastes, and jellies.
- The next form of the drug on the list is solid substances. Some of the solid pharmaceuticals include pills, tablets, and suppositories.
For all the above three categories, the dosage may vary from person to person. To know your perfect dosage, you need to consult your regular doctor.
CBD vs. Pharmaceuticals – Which is going to win?
Everyone should be aware of the fact that the pharmaceutical industry is the second largest industry in the world. Moreover, most of the prescribed medicines are chemical-based. These medicines have the potential of attacking one or a narrow group of cells in the body.
This methodology of treating patients is extremely effective in terms of quick response, but it may come along with some side effects.
An ailment can cause due to multiple reasons. Similarly, there are multiple ways available for treating any ailment. There is no standard way available to decide the right medication approach.
What is the Patient’s Opinion About CBD
To understand this question, let us discuss a study that happened a few years ago.
This study was conducted on 2,400 patients, for comparing both CBD and Pharmaceuticals. When the patients were asked about the effectiveness of both the term, about 60% of patients agreed that cannabidiol is more effective than the prescribed medications.
In addition to this, over 75% percent of patients agreed that CBD is much more effective than any other counter natural remedies.
Now, let’s discuss the side effects of both.
Side Effects of CBD vs. Pharmaceuticals
All most, all the readers of this article would have experienced side effects after consuming any medication at least once in a lifetime. There is no doubt that the list is pretty long and would have made the condition even worse than before.
For example, let us take Celebrex, an anti-inflammatory medication. The side effects of this medicine are: increase the heart rate or stroke, abdominal pain, Nausea & Vomiting, chest pain, heavy breath, unusual breathing, feeling fatigued, alterations in vision changes, and much more.
Now, let us discuss on some of the possible side effects of using cannabidiol.
CBD, can help manage several diseases, but it may offer some mild side effects that include nausea, fatigue, dry mouth, and anxiety.
Now, it’s your turn to compare which one is better for your health.
Final Takeaway on CBD vs. Pharmaceuticals
This article does not intend to tell you about who wins; it depends on an individual’s well-being and their conditions.
The comparison between CBD and Pharmaceuticals is just to show an update on how you can treat various ailments and diseases with the help of natural medicines.
We believe that you would have got an idea about both the topic. It’s now your turn to pick the right options for yourself and your loved ones.
If you require any further information on this topic, then contact us as soon as possible.
**The statements given in this are not from any medical expert. These are strictly based on our researches. The product is not for diagnosing, curing, treating, or preventing any health ailments. Before ingesting it, consulting a doctor would be an excellent decision. **