7 mins read; Research Time: 96 hours
Do you have a desire to know about indica and hybrid?
If yes, then read this article- indica vs hybrid. With this article, you can get almost all the details regarding these two.
Before diving to the world of our main topics, we want you to know about cannabis. It’s because they both are the varieties of cannabis plants.
What is Cannabis?
Cannabis denotes the group of three plants – Cannabis Sativa, Cannabis Indica, and Cannabis Ruderalis. It has many components (over 120), which are popular as cannabinoids.
When you harvest and dehydrate the flowers of these plants, you’ll get one of the popular drugs in the world. People call it us weed, pot, marijuana, grass, etc.
In this current scenario, most of the people are using the word cannabis instead of marijuana, weed etc.
Though the origin of cannabis is a plant and is natural, still it can produce positive, as well as adverse effects.
As we mentioned earlier about the components present in it, we’re going to discuss those components in our next subtopic.
Components Present In the Cannabis
It has over 120 components, which are widely prevalent as cannabinoids. Till now, researchers don’t know the role of most of the cannabinoids. However, they know about two important cannabinoids- Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and Cannabidiol (CBD).
Now, please have a look into both the cannabinoids.
THC – This is one of the main compounds in cannabis, which has psychoactive properties. It’s accountable for the “high” feeling that most of the people experience due to cannabis.
CBD – This is also one of the main compounds in cannabis, which has non-psychoactive properties. Thus, it won’t produce the “high” feeling like THC. It can help lessen pain and inflammation.
Though some people are using cannabis for treating certain medical conditions, it can cause some side effects.
By reading the next topic, you’ll come to know its side effects.
Know the Side Effects of Cannabis
Here is the list of problems, which can occur due to this drug:
- Reduced blood pressure
- Issues in coordination
- Increase in heart rate
Along with these, there are some other health problems as well, which can occur due to smoking cannabis:
- Lung cancer
- Increased possibility of stroke or cardiovascular disease
- Gum disorder
- Lung damage.
Here is all for cannabis.
Now, let’s move onto our main subjects.
We’re starting with indica.
What is Cannabis Indica?
Normally, if we see, the cannabis indica plants are bushy and short, which have broader leaves. When we look into cannabis indica and sativa plants, indica plants grow faster and produce more yields than sativa.
As per the research, these plants are suitable for making medicines. Research also suggests that the medicine form these plants contain high levels of THC and low levels of CBD.
Let’s us have an in-depth look into the indica strains.
Know Completely About the Indica Strains
Let’s start from the base.
- Origin: The origin of this cannabis strain is Afghanistan, Pakistan, Turkey, and India. These plants can grow in harsh, turbulent, and dry climate of the Hindu Kush Mountains.
- Nighttime or Day time: As per the studies, consuming cannabis indica during night time is best. This is due to its profound soothing effects.
- Description of Plant: Indica plants are stock and short. It has chunky, as well as bushy greenery leaves. Typically, the leaves of this plant grow broad and wide. Moreover, unlike sativa, these plants grow very quickly, and each of its plants produces more number of buds.
- Popular Strains of Cannabis Indica: Indica has three popular strains. The names of these strains are Afghan Kush, Granddaddy Purple, and the Hindu Kush.
- Standard Ratio of THC and CBD: These plants contain a higher concentration of THC and a lower concentration of CBD.
- Common Effects: These plants are popular for their soothing effects. Moreover, it can also lessen pain, nausea, and can enhance the appetite.
Next, let’s a thorough look into its plant and effects.
Know About the Indica Plants
Indica plants are short in stature and have wide leaves. This is mainly because of its shorter flowering period.
This flowering period is the reason for its popularity. Moreover, due to its shorter flowering term, many people are choosing this for growing.
These plants can also be a choice for cultivating marijuana in a place with a less hot climate.
Furthermore, these plants can lead to have greater yields as compared to sativa.
After all these, let’s move onto the effects of these plants.
Know the Effects of Indica Plants
When it comes to pure indica, it’s clear that it has a high level of THC and low level of CBD. It can be a great solution for pain relief.
Moreover, as per some studies, it can produce a relaxing effect. Due to this relaxing effect, it’s believed that it can be the best bet for managing anxiety.
Not only this, but it can also be an appetite-stimulating agent for some people.
What are the Key Medical Qualities of Best Indica Strains?
Here is the list of vital medical qualities that these plants can offer:
- Reduces acute pain
- Relaxing effect on muscles
- Increases dopamine (It refers to be a neurotransmitter, which helps manage the reward, as well as pleasure centers of the brain.)
- Increases mental relaxation
- Lessen nausea
- Increases appetite
Though these are the medicinal qualities, we’re pointing out some of its common uses.
Common Uses of Indica Strains
Here are the popular health conditions, for which these strains can be useful:
- Anxious mood
- Depressed mood
Whenever these strains come into the scene, many folks might have a doubt – whether these strains have side effects or not.
Considering this, here we’re writing down its side effects.
Side Effects of Indica
Here is the side effects, which comes along with this:
- Poor judgment
Now, the next thing to discuss is our next main subject – Hybrid.
What Are Hybrids?
These are new, as well as unique strains, which are coming from the parents of diverse types. Typically, a hybrid has almost all the medicinal features of its parents.
An important thing about hybrid is that you can mix any two plant breeds to produce this. The most common blend is indica and sativa. Indica sativa hybrid is often popular for its productivity and alert mellowness. However, breeders of medical cannabis can also make use of two sativas as parents or can mix indica with other different indicas.
There are many hybrid strains, among which some can kill pain and combat inflammation without side effects.
People who have to medicate in the mid-day or morning for pain and nausea prefer using a sativa-dominant hybrid. However, they switch to an indica-dominant hybrid in the evenings. This is because it’s believed that this strain can offer maximum pain relief.
Note: Hybrid strains, which have more indica content than sativa are “indica- dominant” and strains with more sativa than indica are “sativa-dominant”.
Though we wrote all these about this, let’s have a look into its basic things that you should be aware of.
Know the Basic Things of Hybrid Strains
It’s a fact that every year, cultivators of cannabis creates unique and new strains from the combination of different parent plants. These unique and new strains are “hybrid strains”.
Here are its basic things, which you should know:
- Origin: Normally, the cultivation of these strains are on greenhouses or farms. The most popular combination of parent plants to produce this is indica and sativa strains.
- Ratio of THC and CBD: In fact, the production of most of the hybrid cannabis plants are for increasing the percentage of THC. However, each form of these strains has a unique ratio of both the cannabinoids.
- Correct Time to Use: We are sorry to say that we can’t suggest the correct time to use this. It’s because it depends on its potent effects.
- Plant Description: It doesn’t have a specific appearance. This is because it depends on the blend of its parent plants.
- Common Effects: Cultivators, normally choose hybrids to attain their unique effects. Their effects can range from lessening stress, anxiety to reducing the symptoms of radiation or chemotherapy (a popular treatment option for cancer).
Categories of Hybrid Strains
These strains have three basic categories.
Here they are:
- Indica-dominant: These hybrid strains can offer relief from body pain, along with a calming head euphoria. It’s used mostly in the afternoon and nighttime, which can be helpful for sleep. This can be ideal for folks suffering from almost all types of autoimmune problems. Not only this, but it can also be useful for people with depression and insomnia.
- Sativa-dominant: These strains produce a cerebral high with a soothing body effect. It can offer relief from physical, as well as mental health problems.
- Even Hybrids: These contain the content of parent plants in equal amounts. This can be a unique strain for people who are looking for a balanced euphoria of both body and head relaxation.
Till now, we have covered almost all the things that we understood from our researches. However, still, we’re going to present a short and basic comparison between our two main subjects – Indica and Hybrid.
This comparison will prove you with a basic knowledge of both.
Short Comparison between Indica Strains and Hybrid Strains
|1. Its native is India, Afghanistan, Turkey, and Pakistan.||1. It’s a strain of two different strains and often grows in greenhouses or farms.|
|2. The good time to consume this is the night time.||2. The correct time to consume this depends on the effect of hybrid.|
|3. It can reduce pain, nausea, and can improve appetite.||3. It can lessen anxiety, stress, etc.|
Final Thoughts About Indica and Hybrid
We consider that you may be clear what is cannabis indica and hybrid. It’s because we wrote almost every aspect of both the strains, which we came to know from our studies.
Now, you may understand that the things we wrote here is from our in-depth research on both these strains. Therefore, we think that this article can be the best source for all those people who want to know about indica and hybrid. Not only this, but this article can also make them clear what cannabis is.
Farther, if you want any additional information, then reach us.
**The statements given in this are not from any medical expert. These are strictly based on our researches. The product is not for diagnosing, curing, treating, or preventing any health ailments. Before ingesting it, consulting a doctor would be an excellent decision. **