Discovering the appropriate one can be an easy task for you with our indica vs hybrid comparison. So, if you feel like discovering it, check now.
What is Indica?
- It is one of the two main strains of cannabis.
- The difference between the two cannabis types is easy. Let’s make a comparison-Sativa is a stimulant like coffee and Indica has sedative properties like sleeping pills.
- These sedative properties give you a relaxed, “couch-locking” effect.
- Indica strains have a higher level of CBD, which is known for its anti-inflammatory qualities and pain-relieving benefits.
- Uses include taking it as oil or edibles for mental relaxation, muscle relaxation, decreasing acute pain, decreasing and increasing appetite.
- This makes it a popular strain to take for chronic pain, anxiety, insomnia, muscle spasms and even anorexia.
- A popular Indica-high strain is Northern Lights. It’s also called pure indica as it consists about 95% of the strain.
- Side effects include distorted perception and a lowered level of concentration. This makes you more sensitive to the things happening around him.
- A hybrid is a combination of two cannabis species. These would contain qualities from both sativa and indica.
- Over the years, cultivars have been bringing strains together and cross-breeding the plants to create ones which are a mix of both species.
- They have been breeding strains that are sativa-dominant and strains that are indica-dominant. There are also strains that are dubbed by the name “True hybrids.”
- Indica-dominant hybrids work well for pain relief, anxiety and insomnia. For example- Cookies.
- Sativa-dominant-hybrids induce an energetic and uplifting mood that can help you keep up an active lifestyle. For example- Super Lemon Haze.
- A True Hybrid has a balance of indica and sativa qualities. It contains the sedative goodness of Indica sedation and the invigorating quality of sativa. A good example of this kind is the famous Blue dream strain.
- As you can see, they have certainly widened the spectrum of options.