Our marijuana vs sativa comparison can make you understand what these are, what they can do and much more. So, hurry up and start reading right now.
- Marijuana is the Mexican slang term used for cannabis.
- Other slang terms of Marijuana that you may be familiar with are Mary Jane, weed, bud, pot, herb, grass and a vast number of others.
- The plant contains more THC than CBD. That is, it contains more tetrahydrocannabinol than cannabidiol.
- THC or tetrahydrocannabinol is the main psychoactive chemical in it. It is responsible for the psychoactive effects that people seek.
- These psychoactive effects are partly why laws on Marijuana possession and use are stricter than with CBD, it’s non-psychoactive cousin.
- Another difference is that it has a higher content of resin than hemp plants.
- Even the resins are made into shatters and are used by people both recreationally and medically.
- However, you can obtain a medical marijuana card through state-approved dispensaries, clinics and wellness centers.
- Some famous marijuana strains or cannabis strains are Blue Dream, OG Kush, Jack Herer, Pineapple express, Blueberry, Super Lemon Haze Girl Scout Cookies and Chemdawg.
- Cannabis sativa has its place within the Cannabaceae family or the Hemp species.
- The primary difference between the two strain types is that sativa is a stimulant; while indica helps you unwind.
- An unmistakable element of Sativa strains lies in its aromatic properties. The aromas can be sweet smelling with fruity and flowery notes, or could smell strong and pungent with earthy or diesel-like notes.
- Sativa is ideal for daytime use. You can start your day with a hit of this to enhance your creativity and be more active and social.
- It is accompanied by mood-uplifting benefits in case you are experiencing mood disorders like depression, stressfulness and ADD.
- As it has a psychotropic effect, side effects happen in the nerve centers taking a hit. The feeling of activeness and euphoria sets in with feelings of hallucination.