To know the real difference between sativa and indica, refer Sativa vs Indica comparison. It can provide you with complete information on both.
What is Sativa?
- The two major types of cannabis plants are Sativa and Indica. Each strain comes with its own effects on the body and mind carries a wide range of medicinal benefits.
- The difference is- the former strains are excellent energy boosters, while the latter strain generally provides a deep sense of relaxation in your body.
- Let’s elaborate further on the properties of Sativa. As mentioned before, they are excellent energy boosters. But there is more to this beneficial strain.
- How does it work? Well, it triggers the release of dopamine, causing a kick of euphoria which leaves you feeling energized.
- A strain or hybrid that is Sativa-dominant is great for delivering a much needed hit of energy when you feel like your battery is down.
- Cannabis sativa also contains cannabidiol or CBD, an antipsychotic which also comes with several uses as a therapeutic compound.
- Side effects you may experience when you’ve taken an excess of Sativa strain are paranoia, anxiety and panic attacks.
- A simple definition of Indica is that it is one of the two major types of cannabis plants, the other being Sativa.
- Let’s start by asking- How does it cannabis Indica you? For one, it is because of its chemical composition.
- Chemically, it has a heavy concentration of CBD so it has soothing and sedating qualities. They would neutralize the psychotropic effect of THC.
- Since the THC content is mitigated; Indica strains have high levels of CBD, a non-psychoactive compound that has pain-relief and anti-anxiety effects.
- Thanks to that, Indica strains induce relaxation and reduce stress and anxiety. This is also why they are commonly considered the best cannabis for sleep.
- Side effects you’re prone to experience when you’ve had too much of Indica are hallucinations, paranoia, anxiety, panic attacks and breathing problems.