What is Balm?
- CBD Balm vary from creams because of their base.
- While creams have water-based agents as their base, balms use fatty oils and wax as a base with no water.
- The only major difference is in texture and consistency.
1. Types of CBD balm
The types depends on the type of CBD infused in the balm.
This gives two types of balms- Pure isolate CBD balms and Full-Spectrum CBD balms
- Pure isolate CBD balm
- This balm type consists of only pure, isolated CBD and nothing else added to the mix.
- This is because the other cannabinoids and Terpenes are isolated from CBD, leaving just that.
- Pure isolate balms are formulated to delivering the concentrated effects of just CBD. Pure Isolate CBD balm would be a better option if you are looking for a strong dose of just CBD to apply on pains and sprains.
- Full-Spectrum CBD balms
- They are composed of minimally refined CBD oil.
- This would leave most of the cannabinoids and Terpenes intact, hence giving you what is called full-spectrum CBD.
- Full spectrum balms contain many different cannabinoids and Terpenes. They would be a better option for you if you are looking for a wider reach benefits for pain-relief.
2. Benefits of CBD balm
- Applying CBD balm gives pain-relief
- This can be attributed to the well-known quality of CBD being a powerful painkiller.
- The pain-relieving benefits of CBD balms act quickly on the body when they are applied to the affected area.
- CBD balm can help relieve pain that is acute such as aches in the joint areas and sprains in muscles, and help relieve pain of more chronic forms of pain such as arthritis and sciatica.
- The CBD balm is applied on the affected area by massaging into the skin. When applied, it provides immediate relief to the affected spots.
- CBD balm helps with sleep
- Usually, a normal sleep cycle gets disoriented because of continuous exposure to artificial light from phone and computer screens and because of chronic sleeping disorders.
- CBD balms that are made with a combination of CBD along with sleep-inducing compounds like melatonin can help you get restful sleep.
- CBD balms work wonders for sleep. They can tackle issues with sleeplessness and can restore better sleeping patterns.
3. How to use CBD balm?
- Take a small amount of the CBD balm and slowly massage it into the cramped muscle or sprained joint.
- Avoid using any kind of balm on broken or irritated skin as the active ingredients in the balm may worsen the irritation.
- Remember to use small amounts each time for application.
- Apply the balm no more than 3-4 times per day.
4. Why choose CBD balm
- It absorbs quickly into the skin when applied.
- It can relieve deep tissue pain underneath where it is rubbed because it is easily absorbed
- CBD Balms use oils and wax as a base, so the consistency may be too sticky and thick for some.