What is CBD Concentrates?
When you remove CBD from a high-CBD, low-THC hemp plant, you get CBD concentrates. The extraction method determines the type of concentrate. A few types are oil, wax, shatter, isolate or isolate crystals and hash. 503/500
1. Types of CBD Concentrates
- The simplest form of concentrate comes as oil.
- It is produced by CO2 extraction.
- The pressure and temperature in extraction determine the texture, consistency, and compounds which will result in the concentrate.
- Wax and shatter
- They are both types of dabs- solid sticky pieces of cannabidiol resin.
- Wax is un-malleable and firm in texture.
- Shatter, true to its name, will shatter easily under pressure.
- CBD isolate
- They look like white crystals or powder.
- The purest and most concentrated form of just cannabidiol.
- It is just like a regular hash but it contains cannabidiol resin.
- The resin has various cannabinoids, Terpenes, and flavonoids from cannabis plants.
- Upon extraction, it is pressed into solid bricks called hash.
2. Benefits of CBD Concentrates
- Concentrates such as oils, waxes, shatters and isolates have shown clinical effectiveness in treating chronic pain, inflammation, seizures and symptoms associated with cancer.
- They aid in treating patients with chronic pain diseases like arthritis, multiple sclerosis, and sciatica.
- Inflammation is a symptom of many diseases. Several studies have highlighted the effective anti-inflammatory properties of cannabidiol.
- CBD Concentrates slows down the growth of cancer cells and prevents cancer from spreading in the body.
- In bone diseases like osteoporosis, it strengthens bones and heals broken bones faster.
- With neuroprotective qualities, it promotes the growth of new neurons and reduces further damage to the brain and nervous system.
3. How to use CBD Concentrates?
- You can take the sublingually or orally. Sublingually, use a dropper to drop the oil under your tongue, hold it there for a minute and then swallow.
- Orally, you mix the oil drops into your food and drinks and consume.
- Dabs like wax and shatter are taken by Dabbing.
- Dabbing is when you heat dabs and the vapor is inhaled with a dabbing pen.
- You can mix Isolate crystals into food, dab them, smoke them or vape them.
- Hash is smoked in a pipe or joint, vaporized, crumbled and or cooked and eaten.
However, before eating you should decarboxylate it by heating in an oven.
4. Why choose CBD Concentrates?
- CBD Concentrates are ideal and versatile for those who want to customize their dosing and intake methods.
- You can take the oil sublingually by dropping it under your tongue, or orally by mixing it with the food and drinks of your choice.
- When you deliver concentrated cannabinoids in liquid form such as oil, the effects occur more quickly than they do with edibles.
- Their effects last longer in the body. The only drawback is with concentrate types that are “isolate” and not full-spectrum.
- They would lack the other potentially beneficial natural compounds.