What is CBD Salve?
CBD Salve is a type of ointment which is made from the extracts of a cannabis plant. It is applied topically. This means applying it on the body’s surface- the skin in order to treat skin issues and physical discomfort.
1. Types of CBD Salve
The type of salve depends on the type of CBD infused in it:
- Pure isolate CBD salve
- This consists of pure, isolated cannabidiol and nothing else in the mix.
- It is stripped of other cannabinoids and Terpenes, leaving just cannabidiol.
- These deliver the concentrated effects of just that singular compound.
- This would be a better option if you are looking for a strong dose of isolated cannabidiol to apply.
- Full-Spectrum CBD salve
- This is made of minimally refined cannabinoid oil.
- This leaves the cannabinoids and Terpenes intact, giving you full-spectrum cannabidiol.
- Full spectrum salves have several cannabinoids and Terpenes.
- They would be a better option for you if you are looking for a wider reach of topical benefits
2. Benefits of CBD Salve
- When you apply a salve topically, the skin cell membranes take in the cannabinoid through the lipids present in the oil base.
- It is a good choice for joint-and-muscle specific pain and skin-specific conditions which break out into rashes like eczema and psoriasis.
- When it is applied, it acts quickly on the Inflammation and begins to heal the surrounding cells and tissues.
- It is an effective solution for pains that happen due to arthritis and other chronic pain conditions.
- You can give yourself targeted relief right at the source of pain or discomfort as you apply it directly onto the desired area.
3. How to use CBD salve?
- For an affected joint or muscle area, take a little bit in your hands and massage it slowly into the spot.
- In case of a skin disorder like psoriasis, apply it on the problem area.
- Avoid using them on the skin that is broken or prone to irritation. The active ingredients in the mix could make the irritation worse.
- Small amounts each time for application works well. Less is more.
- For joints and muscles that are affected, apply the balm 3-4 times per day.
- For psoriasis and eczema, apply whenever you feel the area flare up.
4. Why choose CBD salve?
- Salves absorb very quickly when applied on the skin.
- Since their base is made of oil, it enables the faster absorption of cannabidiol through the skin.
- It can effectively treat skin issues characterized by breakouts like eczema and psoriasis.
- Pains from stressed joints and muscle sprains can be relieved almost instantly upon application.
- CBD Salves use oils and wax as a base. Because of this, some may feel that it is too sticky or thick.
- Salves are limited to the topical application only. Therefore, they can’t and should not be ingested.