What is CBD Topicals?
Creams, balms, salves, lotions, and oils that are infused with CBD are called CBD topicals. When CBD-infused topical products are applied on the skin, they get absorbed through the skin and interact with the Endocannabinoid system. Upon doing so, it gives benefits in skin care and pain relief.
1. Types of CBD topicals
- The common CBD topicals are creams, balms, salves, and lotions.
- Though the names are used interchangeably, they have some variations.
- CBD topical creams have a water-based base with CBD mixed into it.
- CBD topical balms use fatty oils and wax as a base with no water and added CBD.
- CBD lotion is just like a cream but with a slightly higher concentration of oil with CBD extracts.
- CBD topical salves have a base of beeswax where CBD is infused.
- As seen above, the only major difference is in texture and consistency.
2. Benefits of CBD topicals
- Pain-relief benefits
- CBD topicals are applied to the exterior of an affected area, such as a knee joint or a patch of inflamed skin.
- Topicals like balms, salves, and ointments concentrated in CBD provide pain relief by tackling symptoms of pain and inflammation.
- CBD is absorbed through the skin or absorbed transdermally to provide pain relief.
- Skin care benefits
- Topicals infused with CBD come with many skincare benefits.
- It repairs the damage done by UV rays and environmental pollutants.
- The damage caused by free radicals is counteracted and it prevents aging.
- It regulates the oil production in the sebaceous glands.
- There are a number of cases where people used concentrated CBD topicals for both melanoma and carcinoma-type skin cancers with topical application.
3. How to use CBD topicals?
- For skin care
- Take a coin-sized amount of the CBD topical in the palm.
- Apply on the face and neck areas.
- Massage gently in circular motions and work it into your skin.
- Apply with your day-care routine or night-time routine.
- For pain-relief
- Take a small amount of the CBD topical for pain-relief and massage it into the affected area.
- Avoid using on broken or irritated skin as it may cause irritation to worsen.
- Remember to use small amounts each time for application.
- Apply no more than 3-4 times a day.
4. Why choose CBD topicals?
- Research shows when CBD topicals are applied externally, they do indeed reach the tissues beneath the skin, and also work on joints and muscles which are affected.
- These Topicals are the best choice for pain relief.
- Absorbed transdermally, they are extremely effective in treating muscle pain, joint aches and inflammation.
- CBD topicals like skin creams and salves are the ideal choice for skin care.
- When applied, the transdermal absorption happens instantly.
- With regular use, your skin will look more healthy and supple than before.
- Advantages are limited to dermal application. CBD topicals can’t and shouldn’t be consumed.